Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Byndo Gehk's Swimsuit Totodile!

Captured by Beat Down Boogie
One thing I love seeing since I started and completed my own design are the many Pokemon Gijinkas that have been popping up on Facebook as I was looking for inspiration to further improve my own. Byndo Gehk's Swimsuit Totodile is one of these outfits and it just explodes with adorableness. This cosplay was done for ColossalCon which is otherwise known to cosplayers as "bikini con". This is largely due to the convention being held at a freaking water park resort. Anyways, this outfit definitely screams bathing suit style with how the fabric looks with it shining in certain shots. Plus, the spikes coming off of Byndo's arms look like they were inflated and it's freaking awesome!

The colors of this outfit definitely stay true to Totodile's design right down to a T. I love the bright red and blue the Byndo has in her wig. The wide yellow goggles are a perfect match and I imagine that the red claw like weapon was made with foam. Coming off the back of the outfit is a tail done in the same material as majority of the outfits. Byndo's Totodile was worn with her boyfriend in his own swimsuit gijinka but of Feraligatr which is the final evolution of Totodile. The pictures of the 2 of them together is just absolutely adorable. Many of the poses involve Byndo flashing her teeth in a wide expression with fangs being seen. This cosplay was also shot as part of The Wild Places photo shoot. I definitely hope I get to meet her someday and show her my Greninja gijinka :D. WATER TYPE POKEMON UNITE! Enjoy the photos guys!

Captured by Beat Down Boogie
Photo by Eleventh Photography
Photo by M9 Cosplay 
Photo by M9 Cosplay

Be sure to check out Byndo Gehk's Page for more awesome photos (her Female Jecht is AWESOME)

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/genderbynder

What's Popular?