Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Harajuku Bunny's Starfire!

Photo by Alvin Johnson Photography
The minute I saw my awesome friend Harajuku Bunny was cosplaying as Starfire (me being a Nightwing fan and all), I was extremely excited to see the finished cosplay and man was I completely in love when it was done! Kelsey took inspiration from the newly revealed Starfire statue from Kotobukiya and the work she put into capturing her was incredible. The cosplay went under small changes with the most recent version having been done for Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. The fabric Kelsey chose for the outfit is absolutely perfect. The violet shaded suit is adorned with red gems which if I remember corrected were casted in resin.

Kelsey decided to truly become Starfire by covering herself orange and the wig looks amazing. The recent version of this cosplay actually utilizes an updated wig and it's gorgeous! I also love what Kelsey did with the starbolts for her hands. They look like combined pieces of tissue papers wrapped around a red stone. The contacts Kelsey used are a bright green and you can really see them in the pictures below. The poses struck are completely perfect for the character and Kelsey even won the cosplay competition when she debuted the newest version. Some of the pictures below were edited to show the bright starbolt powers! I'm really hoping that I get to meet Kelsey one day and that we can wear our Starfire and Nightwing together. EPIC PICTURES WILL BE TAKEN :D. Hope you guys like the pictures!


Photo by Bill Brown

Photo by Bill Brown

Photo by Cosplay Corral

Photo by Cosplay Corral

What's Popular?