Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Harley's Joker is ummm...JOKER

Photo by Renoben Photography
Many cosplayers will make various outfits spanning different characters and forms of nerd media. Within that collection of outfits, some will create different versions of the same character or update it with the new skills they've acquired. I'm a pretty fair example with this method as I've done 4 versions of Nighwting with this latest one being a Steampunk version. Last I checked, the cosplayer I'm featuring today is probably the only one I follow that focuses on one character doing multiple variations of. This especially works for him as Harley's Joker is literally The Joker from the Batman mythos. Anthony Misiano dons the Clown Prince of Crime at practically every convention he goes to. The page name not only represents the fictional "love" between Harley Quinn and The Joker but it's also referencing his girlfriend Alyssa who also cosplays with him as Harley Quinn and has her own page appropriately dubbed "Joker's Harley".

So what makes Anthony's Joker so lifelike? I'm willing to bet most of it is on the make-up and evil grin which he so perfectly nails. The variation of outfits range from the classic yellow vest and purple jacket with matching gloves, to the same vest with a giant purple trench-coat. Both Anthony and Alyssa have replicated famous images from their history such as Joker and Harley posing romantically done by Alex Ross, to the cover of the cult graphic novel "The Killing Joke" by Brian Bolland! In addition Anthony will either have a purple cane with a golden ornament on top or a plain crowbar referencing the brutal death of the second Robin, Jason Todd. I'm very excited to hear that both Anthony and Alyssa will be attending NYCC this year and I would love to see them while dressed up as Nightwing, I can imagine the kind of pictures we could take :D.

Photo by Alyssa King

Photo by Alyssa King

Photo by Alyssa King

Photo by Duke Horca

Photo by Anthony Misiano

Photo by Anthony Misiano

What's Popular?