Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Detailed Illusion Cosplay's Snow Villiers!


Another awesome male cosplayer that I discovered awhile ago is Detailed Illusion Cosplay! This guy makes some amazing outfits mainly deriving from Final Fantasy characters such as Balthier, Tidus, Vincent Valentine and several others. He also has a knack for doing gender bends on characters such as Elsa from Frozen and Ariel from The Little Mermaid! Both of these outfits are very creative and still capture the essence of the original design! For today's outfit, I have his Snow Villiers from the Final Fantasy 13 series of games. Specifically his look and giant ice weapon from Lightning Returns: FF13. The cosplay involves a large black suit/trench-coat along with a blonde wig and his necklace formerly worn by his wife Serah who apparently passed away in the time between this game and 13-2.

What's perhaps most impressive in this cosplay for me is Snow's icicle weapon that's double sided. The base was done with clear plastic, then wrapped around multiple times with clear ceran wrap as well as epoxy! Connecting the two sides is a single PVC pipe also covered by the same wrap. There are also highlights of blue throughout the prop to give off the feel that the entire thing is made out of ice! I also love the photos that have him in front of giant wooden clocks which definitely fit the overall theme that Lightning Returns has with going through time in order to stop the impending end of the world brought by Chaos! Detailed-Illusion always does a fantastic job with his cosplay and definitely chooses characters with very complex outfits. I hope you guys enjoy the photos!



All Photos by Belziir Photography!

What's Popular?