Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: League Of Legends!

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray
For this showcase I wanted to focus on the many cosplays I've seen since my time going to conventions all dealing with the popular online game League of Legends. Now forgive me for if it seems that I know alot about the game, you are sorely mistaken. Not only do I know little to none about it but I'm not particularly a fan of it and still don't understand the popularity. However I definitely love the cosplays that come out of it and there are 4 lovely ladies and 1 badass dude that I had to feature, some of which play LoL frequently and intensely. So let's get into it shall we?

First off up above we have the beautiful Lindsay Elyse who very much loves playing League, streaming it on her Twitch channel and playing with everyone else near her that does. This led to her not making one but two cosplays from the game. The first of which is Ezreal the Prodigal Explorer (note: all these names were taken directly from the game's Wiki, that's how much I know about the game XD). I get a very steampunk like vibe off of this outfit with the brown jacket, gloves with circle decorations and most of all the goggles. I love how Lindsay's eyes look in these photos and the whole outfit looks very comfortable!

Besides Ezrael, Lindsay also recently cosplayed as is a Poro. These apparently are little creatures that are all cute and fluffy that my best guess would be found roaming around the fields players do battle. Lindsay's Poro definitely shows the cuteness with the outfit being consisted of a hoodie and top exposing her stomach alongside shorts. The whole cosplay itself involves lots of fur and Lindsay just looks so adorable you guys :D

Photo by Martin Wong

Photo by Vivid Vision

Photo by Vivid Vision





Photo by Elysiam Entertainment
Next up is the incredibly talented Yaya Han in her crazy awesome armor. Her champion here is Fiora the Grand Duelist in her Nightraven skin. Mostly armor with fabric for the cape, her material of choice was Worbla. I especially love how epic the finished photos look for Yaya. The armor has a very intricate design/pattern and the amount of time Yaya spent on this is mindblowing. She really does look like her! The armor has a set color scheme of Purple, Red and Black.

The leg armor for her thighs look awesome and the sword used definitely adds the duelist nature to her. Heck some of the poses Yaya makes scream duelist! Any one of these cosplays I talk about I would love to see in person and Yaya's is no exception. Her craftsmanship is off the charts as usual and the cape flowing in the back looks so majestic! :D

Photo by Joseph Chi Lin

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography

Photo by Martin Wong





Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography. Edit by Boss Logic
Here we have blog favorite Jessica Nigri cosplaying as the Swift Scout Teemo. Jess looks absolutely adorable with every single piece for this outfit. The goggles and helmet are cool and the ears/furry lining on her bra definitely look soft. Jess has a blow-dart gun as the weapon and the brown shorts bring the outfit together. This mainly looks like the perfect outfit for the outdoors which I guess Teemo would feel right at home with, hell the edit in the above photo kinda implies that :). Jess, much like Lindsay, loves League so much and can often be found playing with her and also some of the guys from Cherry Sauce.

This also led to Jessica creating a second League cosplay with the champion Lux in her Spell Thief Skin. I absolutely LOVE the colors and details that Jess put into this outfit. The purple colors of the fabric looks so beautiful. I also like the little vials filled with magic that Jess has going across her chest on a belt strap. She looks so innocent in some of the photos for Lux and the ones she took with Lindsay look too cool! I just love how pretty the colors look in it you guys! See for yourself. Jessica also recently did a Battle Bunny Riven cosplay!

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography

Photo by Otaku Update

SHE'S SO CUTE ARGHHHH





Photo by SF Design
Next up I have the super badass that is Shinrajunkie (Billy)! Mostly known for being the spitting image of Wakka from Final Fantasy 10 and gender bending a lot of ladies in gaming, here he cosplayed as Draven the Glorious Executioner. There's definitely a variety of materials for this outfit including foam and Worbla for the twin swords and hair for that amazing mustache. Seriously look at that thing! The chest piece is connected by belts and I enjoy the design of that too. The outfit has alot going on and I doubt I could cover everything on it.

The detailing on the blade is definitely interesting and the giant arm cuffs are placed up to where his shoulders are and seeing progress photos of this definitely show how big they are. The poses Billy makes for this cosplay definitely give me the kind of personality that Draven probably has. That being a ruthless and crazy person who loves executing people! Gemstones, fur, red fabric, rings, all that and more are added to make this truly an extravagant and badass cosplay!

Photo by isidro Photography

Photo by isidro Photography






Photo by Brian Figueroa
Lastly for this feature is another cosplayer I recently discovered through looking at Lisa Lou Who's Officer Vi and that person being Missyeru. What stands about her is that she definitely loves League of Legends and has done so many cosplays varying from many characters and the skins they wear. The outfit I wanted to show off from her is Riven the Exile in her Battle Bunny skin. At first glance one could easily mistaken this as like an old fashioned Playboy bunny outfit but probably the one thing that separates the 2 is oh I don't know, the giant sword in the shape of the carrot?

The sword is very cool to look at and the poses she makes in the photos definitely are fun. If I were to guess, the sword is made out of craft foam, or Worbla. Some kind of adhesive material! As I mentioned above Missyeru has done tons of LoL cosplays including multiple skins for Officer Vi and there's no way I could add every single one for this feature. I do hope you enjoy the photos I have to share!

Photo by Caperture Photography

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography

Photo by Kevin Thang


I hope you guys enjoyed today's feature and possibly gave you interest in trying out the game itself! If you want to follow each of these amazing cosplayers, check out these links!

What's Popular?