Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lisa Lou Who's Officer Vi!

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Finishing off my PAX East related cosplay features is of course Lisa Lou Who's Officer Vi from League of Legends. Now please note I'm not that big a fan of the game itself and quite possibly will never understand it's popularity (my excuse is played the game once and hated it) but, it's given many cosplayers ways to create these amazing outfits the characters wear in the game. Lisa's is no exception, I really enjoyed the progress pictures and short videos she was posting up on her social media sites and my god she looked fantastic!! It was definitely exciting to learn that she was going to debut this outfit on the day I was attending so again I'm really glad I was able to find her.

Now if you gave this a first glance without seeing those massive gauntlets added on you would think oh this is just a "Sexy Police Officer" costume you would find at a party store/halloween costume store. Definitely isn't the case since the gauntlets, hair and various other parts make the outfit. Yup those police lights on her hands do in fact light up and the video she posted showcasing that was so cool! The gloves themselves if I remember correctly were made with foam and unfortunately Lisa was unable to make it that her fingers could be movable so that's an improvement she would like to make next time!

The blur fabric is very bright and it's low cut on the chest with a black bra front and showing off her stomach. I'm happy I was able to contain the excitement I had when seeing the outfit. You looked so beautiful in it Lisa!! :D The boots are her own and they're very tall and other police-like items are included such as handcuffs, a big hat with an even bigger badge on top, the number 6 drawn on her chest and the badge (referencing her unit number? Again not up to speed on LoL characters) and buttons on her top. The wig is a shade of hot pink and it's definitely Lisa's style having seen various other pictures she's uploaded with her real hair look (which is awesome). The pictures I've got to share with you all are just unbelievably colorful and amazing. I've got a gut feeling that one of these pics will be available as prints and you know damn well I'm picking one up :D.

I think I pretty much covered everything so I apologize if this is longer than the usual cosplay features I've done. I just really really love this cosplay of Lisa's. Definite favorite ^^. Enjoy the pics guys!

Photo by David Ngo

Photo by FirstPerson Shooter

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography

Photo by Martin Wong

Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

What's Popular?