Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Abby Dark-Star's Poison Ivy!

Photo by LJinto
A few weeks ago I started following the cosplay work of Abby Dark-Star! This was after watching an interview done with her at this past WonderCon and besides from being very beautiful, she's an absolute sweetheart from the looks of it! I've seen her mentioned from some of the other girls I follow so I thought that it would be a good time to look through her other awesome outfits. It was somewhat difficult to find one I could do a feature on so when I saw her Poison Ivy I thought it would be easy enough for me to dive into.

Not only is this Abby's first cosplay which debuted at MegaCon 2009 but it's also one of many versions of Ivy that she did! The version shown for today is her "Shadow of the Bat" version whereas others include one based off of the Kotobukiya statue as well as her look from Batman: Arkham Asylum!

I absolutely love the outfit and how attractive Abby looks which definitely fits the character plus the scenery of the photos looks pretty! Like most Poison Ivy cosplays it's a one piece suit done with leaf like texture and a brooch like item for her neck. I love the wig she chose plus her eyes are mesmerizing! There is also boots included made from the same texture as well as wrist cuffs! Abby is 1/2 of the cosplay couple Keabitum so definitely be on the look out with possibly more features with her and her husband! Until then I hope you guys enjoy these pictures :D

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi

Photo by LJinto

Photo by LJinto

What's Popular?