Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Progress: 2 Down, 1 to Go

This past weekend was entirely spent on finishing up Greninja as the Worbla I ordered showed up! The remaining piece for him was a headpiece to mimic the...ears? Firstly I had to gather more paint and thankfully the store I go to had the right colors/shades I needed to closely match to the reference pictures I had. I started with the headband base which took a few retries to layer the Worbla over the headband at the right size so it could fit over my head. I definitely remember from time to time the headband itself smelling like it would burn up had I kept my heat gun on it any longer!

Headband base done!


Next was the patterning for the ears and fins as well as the connecting pieces. This involved more handy guess work in scaling up the pieces for my head so they looked as long as they did in the pictures! I then cut out and formed the various pieces to the headband and sandwiching foam in-between them. Once that was done I placed everything onto the headband. Then it was time to move onto everyone's favorite part when it comes to working with Worbla, PAINT!

Tracing the patterns!

All the pieces!

Completed headband with reference to compare.
The painting was the same routine done for all Worbla made pieces, Gesso, sand it down, white acrylics, sand it down then color! Time consuming as always! I happily hit that moment where a cosplayer sees the character in the outfit and I couldn't have been more excited to finish him!

White paint!
Starting on the color!
This was that moment, painting in the blue edges!
Once it was dry, I placed on every piece and I was very happy with how my look for Greninja came out! With it now sanded down and deciding to keep the headband that the Worbla is layered on, he is ready for NYCC 2014. Keeping my fingers crossed to have a Pokemon cosplay battle with Jessica Nigri :D.

While I was working on Greninja, this fancy little tail-coat showed up thanks to my Dad. With this here right before Hartford Comic Con, my Steampunk Nightwing is also finished with upgrades! All that remains is Riku's keyblade ^_^

Fancy!



What's Popular?