Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Community Spotlight: NigriNation and MonikaNation on Instagram!

If it's one thing that makes me smile, is talking with other people who share a love for cosplay as well as having a deep admiration for some of the cosplayers that I look up to and admire. Such is the case with the 2 awesome girls that run the fan-pages NigriNation and MonikaNation on Instagram. Both involve posting pictures of Jessica and Monika several times a day, commenting on how they look and the picture itself. Seriously these girls are absolute sweethearts and the many pictures they post each day on them makes me smile, sometimes when I need it. NigriNation has been running a little bit longer and the pictures she'll find are most of the time ones I've never even seen of Jessica before, including one cosplay that I didn't even know she made (a Jolteon gijinka). The page for Monika involves pretty much the same thing and talking with her is just hilarious each time.

We gush on and on about how amazing the 2 of them are and how beautiful they look in pretty much 90% of their cosplays. It's nice for me to have people I can gush to and not be judged as a weirdo/creep since it's happened in the past unfortunately. I can't even begin to post the pictures they have up so instead I'll include links to their profiles so you can follow them/check them out if you want to. They both think I'm a sweetheart so that's always nice to hear. To the girls that run the pages, don't ever stop and keep running them. They put a smile on my face as they probably do to everyone else who follows them, you're awesome :D

NigriNation:
http://instagram.com/nigrination

MonikaNation:
http://instagram.com/monikanation

What's Popular?