Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee's WildStar Cosplay!

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Continuing my cosplay feature blow out from the awesomeness I saw at PAX East is Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee with their WildStar cosplays they made for representing the game. Following both of their Instagram profiles was a definite treat as I got to see tons of in-progress photos. Jessica was a Draken Stalker for the Dominion and Monika was an Aurin Esper on the Exiles. Both cosplays had Worbla involved with certain parts and their props were made by the ever so awesome Punished Props!

Jessica's Draken was made with tons of armor and what looks like possibly a skin suit dyed orange with little bumps attached to it. Her tail for the outfit was absolutely incredible and the daggers have a glow effect. The blue hair fits Jessica really well and I loved the sculpting and forming she did. So much incredible detail and I had my jaw drop to the floor when I saw them. Of course the many spike on Jess' armor prevented me to give her a hug but that's okay! :D The horns on her head look tall as well!

Monika's Aurin definitely includes purple as one of the primary colors from her wig, ears and clothing colors. The jacket looks amazing and has a sweet looking pattern. The giant belt on her waist was done with Worbla as well as the leg armor pieces. Her weapon is a kick-ass looking Psy Blade painted grey with glowing LED stones. The leather fabric (I think) for her jacket looks so cool and definitely has a nice feel to it :). The photos taken both at the convention and off site for professional like shots are great. The poses they both make are fitting for the character and again I really enjoyed seeing these in person. To Jess and Monika, you both did an incredible job on these outfits and should feel really proud of them <3. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!!



Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Photo by David Ngo

Photo by David Ngo
Photo by Martin Wong
Photo by Martin Wong

I have links to both of their Instagram profiles if you want to look through for their progress pictures! :D

What's Popular?