Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Bioshock!

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
Today's Showcase is all about Bioshock! I've got some really talented cosplayers here who have been known to absolutely love the franchise. So much that they've cosplayed from multiple to all games in the franchise which includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Infinite. Including the "Burial at Sea" DLC! Having played some of the games recently, I definitely have more an appreciation for these outfits and the girls look absolutely beautiful in them! Having seen some of them in person was also a real treat! Let's get started!

Why don't we start of course with Monika Lee and her various outfits from the series! Bioshock definitely holds a special place in her heart and her Little Sister is what she's most well-known for as well being one of the cosplays that got her the attention/recognition she has now :) In addition to Little Sister, Monika also made 2 versions of Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite! Her outfit from when you meet her in addition to the attractive tall look that she got in the DLC! All outfits were sewn/put together. Fun fact, the brooch she's wearing in her first Elizabeth was a little something I got her just to show how much I appreciate her work and everything she's done in terms of being an inspiration to me in cosplay! Her Little Sister was cool because of the added makeup to show her face looking all dirty and whatnot! I'll forever love Monika's Bioshock cosplays!

Photo by Anna Cosplay Photography

Photo by Five Rings Photography

Photo by Joseph Chi Lin

Photo by Joseph Chi Lin






Photo by Nate Buchman Photography
Next up is the always beautiful Casey Anne Cosplay with her Elizabeth cosplay from Bioshock Infinite. This outfit here is what Elizabeth dons later in the game. Involving a beautiful corset and blue dress along with a blue jacket. I love how it looks on Casey and if i'm not mistaken this was her first time doing corset boning. She did an amazing job and I absolutely love the scenery captured in these shots. From beside a lake in the above picture, to along a boardwalk and next to a shack! I wouldn't mind if Casey did another Bioshock cosplay, it would turn out amazing!

The blue fabric looks extremely soft and possibly of a felt material. Least that's the vibe I'm getting from the photos. Her smile is always pretty and the addition of reading a book is a nice touch!

Photo by Nate Buchman Photography

Photo by Nate Buchman Photography





Photo by Tobias Roybal Photography
Another huge Bioshock fan is New England cosplayer Destiny Nickelsen! Her love extends through all the games in the franchise and while the above picture does show her as a Little Sister, this is Eleanor Lamb from Bioshock 2! Alongside the white dress, the makeup over her eyes actually makes her look chilling/haunting. The syringe full of ADAM was also crafted by her and it looks badass! Not only was Eleanor done but also 2 versions for Elizabeth. The second outfit in Infinite and the "Burial at Sea" outfit!

Both of these uniforms look really long and elegant on her. I especially love the DLC outfit cause she literally looks like the real version of the game model. The face alongside the wig sells it for me and Destiny has that mix of seductive and intelligent with the facial expressions. She definitely is willing to do whatever it takes to find Sally! All the pieces to Elizabeth were made by her from the brooch to the skirt/dress! I love how the pictures turned out! Destiny looks beautiful as always :)

Photo by Joseph Chi Lin

Photo by Nathan Carter 

Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art





Photo by Nate Buchman Photography

Lastly for today's showcase is Sheila who's 1/2 of the cosplay couple Aicosu! She alongside her boyfriend Sylar cosplayed as Booker and Elizabeth from Infinite! I really love how Sheila looks as Elizabeth, the outfit is again the same one worn when you first meet her. The blue especially is a perfect shade of blue and having that with the yellow accents works perfectly! The pictures though really sell it as the setting is perfect. I'm surprised I haven't met them yet since I always seem to be at the same conventions but can never find them!

The hair on Sheila looks so pretty and my favorite photo I have to share with you of this outfit is the one with her sitting on the stairs going down. There are also pictures of both Sheila and Sylar in what are like the tattered/battle damaged outfits seen in the game. Torn clothing pieces and dirt/bruise marks from the make-up! Seriously you guys, this cosplay is awesome! Oh and I forgot they also did the Lutece twins from Bioshock Infinite and IT'S PERFECT :D!

Photo by Nate Buchman Photography

Photo by Nate Buchman Photography
Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography




I hope you guys enjoyed all these amazing Bioshock cosplays and can get a sense as to how much these girls love the franchise! Here are links to their social media sites if you want to look at more of their work!

What's Popular?