Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Soundtrack Review Tron Legacy

This is the first of a new type of review that I hope to add on for these days. If there's one aspect of my life that I hold dear is music. As such I have a taste for certain movie soundtracks and video game music. For these reviews I will basically mention my favorite tracks, overall theme/feel of the album and say whether or not you should give it a listen.

Tron Legacy served as a sequel to the cult hit movie Tron. The general setting is highly technological and the overall area of the Grid is very dark except for the nightlife in the nearby city. For the music Disney was able to hire famous French duo Daft Punk to score the movie. All the songs are completely original and somewhat have a similar beat/string of notes.



The CD itself is made with a black back so it was actually difficult to get my computer to read it at the time when I got it. There is a total of 22 tracks with several ones being a personal favorite of mine. First off is the song titled "The Grid". It's a fairly short tune but it opens the first several seconds with a monologue from the movie spoken by Jeff Bridges who plays Kevin Flynn. Afterwards it opens with a loud boom and it slowly fades out with that general string of notes. "Son of Flynn" is a high pitched track that I would assume serves as the overlaying theme song for Sam Flynn (the main character and Kevin's son).

I can't write a review about this soundtrack without mentioning arguably the title track/single track "Derezzed". This song appears once in the movie as part of the epic bar fight Sam and Quorra have when they run into guards/servants of CLU 2.0 who aspires to rule the Grid and make it to the outside world. The track is upbeat and fast paced I can't help but want to do a little dance or sing the notes every time the song comes on. It's that good people! The end credits music is also good and many of the other tracks have that dark suspenseful tone to it. Some tracks like "End of Line" are titled as a call back to things from the first movie.

What was interesting was before this was released I had no idea who Daft Punk is. People were incredibly excited to hear they were going to score the movie when it was announced. Listening to "Derezzed" several times on Youtube was all I needed to get me hooked on to them. So much that I even bought their latest album!

Daft Punk as they appear in the movie


Should you give this a listen?
Yes, the tracks are well constructed, definitely are in line with the tone of the movie and it's very exciting to hear!

What's Popular?