Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Nicole Marie Jean's Fem Vincent Valentine!

Another cosplayer who I've had the pleasure to talk with at some conventions is the lovely Nicole Marie Jean. She is mainly known for her Lady Bane cosplay straight from the last Nolan Batman movie. Since then she has created many amazing outfits using alternatives that save her a lot of money. Many of these outfits are gender bent of male characters since she is more attracted to male characters. Such characters include Cable, Shao Kahn, Punisher, even a humanoid Sonic the Hedgehog (which was when I initially found out about her and how we were working on similar outfits, her Sonic and my Shadow) Oh and Nicole is also known as the Raptor Queen based off something she calls "raptoring out" which is just making funny faces and not being afraid of who you are.

The outfit I am featuring today is one of my favorites of her, this being a Female Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7. This is because of two main things:

  • I love Final Fantasy
  • Vincent is one of my favorite characters in the game
She constructed the golden hand using Worbla as well as Vincent's signature gun Cerberus out of the same material with other items. The cape was also done right down to the tatters/holes near the end of the cape. The main outfit is also done with a corset and she looks absolutely amazing in it and I gladly was cheering her on when she encountered numerous issues such as the gun having to be remade. Take a look at the pictures below and see how cool this cosplay is! I also threw in a collage of progress photos she posted on her page.

Progress photos on Vincent's Golden Arm

Progress photos on Cerberus

Photo by Cantera Cosplay

Photo by Felix Wong Photography

Photo by Octography

What's Popular?