Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Soundtrack Review: Random Access Memories

I'm hoping to soon have more game reviews for you guys but until then I'm going to stick with Soundtrack Reviews and Retro Games. It's incredibly difficult for someone like me who is still looking for a job and basically having to wait til Christmas for more money :/. That being said let's jump on in to this next review!


Continuing from last week's review, I have Daft Punk featured again! This time in the form of their 4th studio album titled "Random Access Memories". I had purchased this album on sort of an impulse after having listened to one of the tracks many times and after starting up a Youtube Playlist of all the songs on the album, it took about maybe within the first minute of the first song to go "Yea I'm getting this now". This was shortly after the album had been released.

RAM (haha get it?) is a 13 track album with each song featuring a collaborator such as Pharrell Williams, Julian Casablancas, Todd Edwards and many others. The songs themselves each carry a distinct feel some which perk you right up, and others can give you a chill. No really I was thoroughly creeped out by one of the songs (in a good way though).

Regarding standout and favorite tracks I have many to choose from. Obviously there's the single off the album "Get Lucky" which has that cool vibe feel from the 60's and 70's. The lyrics while very much repetitive are extremely catchy. "Lose Yourself To Dance" features the same collaborators as the previous song mentioned but it's way more interesting to listen especially during one portion where various sounds and effects are merged into a continuous flow which arguably gave my ears a thrill and it was just mind boggling.


The songs "Contact" and "Touch" definitely are on the creepy side of things that I mentioned earlier. The tone is chilling and I remember being scared of a loud boom waiting to happen during the course of "Contact" (was no boom so all good).  "Give Life Back to Music" is a stellar opening song which starts with a rocking riff and definitely a good way to keep the listener focused on the rest of the album.

All in all this album DEFINITELY be an enjoyable ride for your ears. Daft Punk is very talented in the music they produce, it sort of shows an evolution of music as each track passes by.

Should you give this a listen? Yes! Random Access Memories has an interesting blend of different types of techno music. Each song will make you feel something I guarantee it!


What's Popular?