Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Video Interview: Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee at NYCC!

As I have mentioned constantly on this blog after New York Comic Con had taken place, I was extremely lucky to be able to video interview both Jessica Nigri and Monika Lee. The interview was taken place on Sunday of the convention just as everyone was wrapping up and leaving. Jess went casual that whole day and Monika had changed out of her Elizabeth cosplay into casual as well. If you notice me moving around a bit that's because the convention staff were rolling up the red carpets so I had to step out of the way. Even so I had managed to get this video for you guys and I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Photo by Larry Alan Photography

Photo by Five Rings Photography

 Just to give you a quick idea as to how this went, I basically interviewed them both at the same time and asked them 7 questions each. Sorry if the beginning sounds awkward, I was figuring out in my head how to re-word the first question. Plus I was kinda nervous hehe ^_^. Hope you enjoy! I also included more pictures for you guys!





Photo by Adam Patrick Murray

Photo by Benny Lee

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

Photo by Leonard Lee

Photo by Anna Fischer

Photo by Mineralblu Photography

Photo by Mineralblu Photography

Photo by Tali Cosplay

Photo by Vivid Vision

Photo by Anna Fischer
I do hope you guys enjoyed the interview and photos! If you want to keep up with Jessica and Monika here are links!

Jessica Nigri:
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJessicaNigri
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/OJessicaNigri

Monika Lee
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/London2191Cosplay
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MnikaLee

What's Popular?