Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Mina Starks as Starfire!

Photo by Rosson Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I've been holding on to this cosplay to write about for a really REALLY long time. Since Katsucon to be exact. When Mina Starks was gonna create Starfire's latest look in the comics, you KNOW I had to jump in on writing about it. The cosplay is of course on the skimpy side but really looks comfortable just from the shots alone. Purple is the main color for the cosplay as we got both small shorts and a crop top that is perfect as an end result. Going more in depth, the purple top has various silver lines going across it with a single green jewel placed dead center on Mina's chest. Her arms are mostly covered in purple until you get to about the elbows. That's where the silver sleeves come in which also provide some hand coverage too!

Photo by Rosson Photography
Mina's shorts are like....super freaking short here XD. We got a silver like belt before more purple appears. The silver section also has another green jewel placed in its center. Also, the cut out holes on the crop top are clean and in the exact spots as in the official comic outfit :D. Lastly, Mina has long leggings that are purple with silver lines both traveling up as well as along the edge/trim. Shoes look to be attached here as well as they're fully covered and look connected to the leggings.

For the wig, Mina has a beautiful long one which is colored in a mixture of red and orange. Pretty spot on wouldn't you say? Starfire's pet Silky also makes an appearance in the shot on the right. I mentioned at the top that this was a long time planned and unfortunately I don't have many shots of the full costumed Starfire. To help with that, I've added in shots of Mina in a more casual style for her. Complete with a Nightwing shirt, knee high socks and red shorts. Mina's smile overall is just super infectious and I can tell she had a lot of fun wearing Starfire. Check out the shots down below!

Photo by MC Illusion Photography


Photo by MC Illusion Photography

Mina is a delightful girl who really makes some awesome cosplays! To follow more of her work, check out her Instagram. She recently cosplayed as one of the new Gym Leaders from Pokemon Sword/Shield. IT'S AMAZING :D
https://www.instagram.com/theminastarks/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?