Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Maru's Rikku!

Photo by Aved Photography

Maru is a girl after my own heart as she continues her quest to cosplaying all the Final Fantasy waifus. Today, that focus is on the high energy thief Rikku from Final Fantasy X/X-2. Though the outfit in question is from the sequel so I'll mostly be referring to that game for the rest of this writeup. I've shared this outfit many times on this blog and I can absolutely see why it's so popular. There's of course the multitude of colors being present, in addition to minimal clothing. The latter part must help with the comfiness which I feel is a key part for cosplayers. Especially considering they have to walk around in said cosplay for hours on end at a convention. For starters, Maru has Rikku's crazy hair style down pat. Full blown blonde with a variety of beads and braids in certain sections. She also has a large blue bandanna covering a good chunk of it.

Photo by Zen
After that, you can see a scarf wrapped around Maru's neck. Gradient dye was probably used to achieve that color transition from orange to yellow. A super cute bikini top (with a matching second part) is next in a yellow/orange shade with an orange trim around it. On her arms, you can see white coverings with a whole lot of fabric/ruffles hanging off of them. Brown gloves end this section. Army green colored booty shorts make up the pants area and even more crazy stuff happens with the yellow belt.

Actually it's not as crazy as some of the shots make it out to be. Maru has a few yellow pouches attached to the belt with orange string sticking out of them. One huge part to the cosplay are Rikku's signature daggers. Twin in size and design, they are colored to match up her overall design. Red blade with a yellow/gold inner circle. The handle looks to be straight black too! Many of the braids/beads in Maru's wig for Rikku is seen at the front of it.


The photos here do a fabulous job showing off the cosplay and I really love how adorable Maru looks in it. It no doubt was perfect for the lewd set she did for Patreon! Check out the other pics I found! :D



Photo by The Kaigan

Photo by The Kaigan

Maru is a delightful individual and I love interacting with her online when I can! Be sure to check out her Patreon if you wanna support her. Her lewd sets are quite spicy <3.
https://www.patreon.com/Maruwins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?