Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kate Sarkissian's Bakugo!

Photo by Rogelio Gonzalez

Many times, Bakugo from My Hero Academia gets the Rule 63 treatment and cosplayers are overjoyed with that fact. So today, I've got Kate Sarkissian rocking the exploding king and holy smokes does she look KILLER! Kate for starters has a super cute bob cut wig in a blonde shade. Sticking out the back are exploding pieces of fabric in terms of the design. These are possibly attached to either the silver collar around her neck OR the chest piece on the back side. The neck piece is silver with a few black holes added on. I'm curious if the material used for this was super comfy so Kate could just rest her neck when needed. The design of the chest-piece is very interesting, converging in the middle with an "X" pattern. Of course you get a healthy amount of underboob because of it XD.

Photo by The Sleepy Muse
For the pants, Kate has long cargo pants on with a plethora of additions added. Some of this includes an orange belt with grenades attached to it. This is further enhanced with green straps traveling down and then being wrapped around her thighs. You also see kneecap armor for each leg done in silver and some armor straps right above her boots. With all that being said, it leaves me left with the crucial pieces for Bakugo in my opinion.

Of course I'm talking about the giant grenade gloves that Kate has for each of her hands. What you see looks to be giant grenades covering her entire hands. Pin/handles can be seen on their sides which is one crucial part to Bakugo using when activating his quirk. Surrounding her hands look to be lots of foam for comfort. There's also green gloves seen with some orange lining in them. I really love the paint job/weathering done on the grenade arms, definitely has that used/metallic look!


Photo by William Lee
All the photos are sunny in its background and Kate looks like she's had a TON of fun wearing and shooting this character. Sex appeal aside due to the female version, I really love how she looks and the craftsmanship on parts of this cosplay is just stellar! Check out these other shots <3

Photo by CVP Studios

Photo by CVP Studios

There are many cosplayers I've seen on my feed constantly that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet and Kate is one such individual. Go check her Patreon out to support her work and view more. I hear Squishy Saturdays are lit <3
https://www.patreon.com/k8sarkissian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?