Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: OfficialGothBarbie's Atlantic All-Star Mercy

Photo by Percival Mayo

The first time I shared OfficialGothBarbie's work, it was through her Steampunk Mercy from Overwatch. The character makes a triumphant return here in an absolutely beautiful new skin. Barbie worked tirelessly on the Atlantic All Star skin for the character and I'm in absolute awe of the end result. The skin's origins are from a pair of skins released in promotion to an Overwatch League competition. The purple/blue combination is absolutely pleasing to my eyes considering they're both favorite colors of mine. For starters, you have small shoulder pieces with an interesting shape that's blue with a silver trim around its edges. Then, the collar piece has a variety of blue diamond shape gems placed around a black choker. Quickly jumping to the wig, it's just a GORGEOUS shade of purple and I'm in love with the shape and waves throughout it. Replicating the choker, the crown atop Mercy's head is black with blue gems placed there.

Photo by Andrew
Bridget looks to be wearing small blue gloves with arm gauntlets following just after it. The blue/pink colors looks beautiful and I'm truly admiring the paint job here. A purple diamond seems to be placed on her wrists for each arm. With the breastplate, Bridget has the cups colored blue and pink in a 50/50 split. Black outlines the edges and traveling down you have a symbol in blue. As you keep going, eventually you're met with a blue tabard like piece covering her center area.

It looks like a black belt is in place because in addition to the tabard, Bridget has massive hip armor for this Mercy skin. These parts have a blue start with silver segmenting the former color. Afterwards is the main purple color with a stellar pink pattern that's etched onto it. Oh, and the blue tabard ends with a small circle down at the very bottom. I'm not done yet though, as Bridget also has leg armor that's fully blue with silver lines traveling throughout them.

Photo by Kurt Bellamy Photography

Lastly, there are Mercy's iconic wings. Through some kind of mechanism, they're up on Bridget's back and look to be removed with ease in certain cases. The wings are more on the metallic side of colors. This includes silver and what looks to be black for the frame. Some of the shots turn that latter color into a deep purple. The wings themselves have a translucent look to them and go from blue to purple down on the ends. All the photos I found of this cosplay are just beyond beautiful and I can feel the happiness that Bridget shows in them. I know she's been going through lots of stuff so to see this build finally finished is exciting. I hope she knows how proud she should be <3. Check out the other pics!
Photo by Percival Mayo


Photo by Percival Mayo

Photo by Elouise

Bridget is an amazingly talented and sweet gal. Check out her Patreon below for more of her work. Her lewd/boudoir work is really rad too <3
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16323072
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?