Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Holly Wolf as Kirin from Monster Hunter!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Whenever Holly Wolf debuts a new heavy hitting cosplay with lots of details added in, I'm just left completely stunned at the work she does. Seriously Holly busts her butt to create content whether it's SFW or NSFW. So today, I've got her Kirin from Monster Hunter and man is it something else! Now doing some small research into the character, turns out Kirin is one of the Elder Dragons from the game. This turns this post into me talking gijinkas for the day. Kirin's overall design is very horse like with a horn on its head not to mention blue and grey being the main color scheme. To start, Holly has a long white wig at the top with a head band on it. Attached to this headset, is of course the horn. These pieces have a rad pattern etched in plus the material looks rough in the texture department.

Next, you have a small sleeveless jacket in grey with a crop top in white. The way it's placed allows for some underboob action so that's some sex appeal for you guys ^_^. Holly is rocking some stellar arm pieces starting with a red band and grey trims on the ends. Following that, you get black fabric before getting into the huge looking gloves. I really love how these look. For starters fur is involved for both of its ends. Then you have an area full on grey with a jagged pattern done in blue. The shape of these gauntlets is a very classic design done in a variety of media before.

Super shorts make up the lower area as its base, but then Holly has a belt with some massive furry hip armor action going on. First, you got the center cloth piece in the same color set up as her gauntlets. A variety of straps and buckles are wrapped around these giant chunks of fur, which are then propped up slightly so that they're at an angle. The way the belt is placed also adds in a layered look to them!


The image above is the only one I have that gives a look into Holly's leg armor for Kirin. It looks to have a similar set up to the arms. From what I can see, you have straps of white, red and black. This is then followed by a fur trim, and what I can assume is that same blue and grey combination. From cosplays like this, to her gender-bend KH Cloud, Holly can create some truly amazing outfits and I always love following her work! Check out some more shots below, even added in some lewd images from her shoot she did for her site/Patreon cause duh? :D





I have all my fingers crossed I get to meet Holly at NYCC later this year if she can go. In the meantime, you guys can check out her official website for membership options, Patreon and tons more information! GO PEEP HER WORK IT'S RAD!
https://www.hollywolf.ca/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?