Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kristen Lanae's Kratos!


I've wanted to turn this post into a STRUCK FIRST but the very few amount of photos kinda prevented me from doing so. Plus a lot of time has passed since these pictures were first revealed so it kinda doesn't fit that post type anymore. Regardless, I wanted to talk about this cosplay with you guys A LOT! Kristen Lanae did her take on the violent God of War taking to his most recent outing last year. While I haven't played the game, I certainly appreciated all the things God of War did to reinvent the franchise, and man does Kristen look incredible here! Lots of leather and effects were used in some of the shots. For instance, the backgrounds are absolutely beautiful but I feel like they were done with post production and a green screen. Hey, if not though then HOLY SMOKES THIS IS JUST PERFECT!

Kristen's Kratos shows off a single shoulder pad with bracers and gloves for each of her arms. The shoulder piece comes down into a single strap covering her chest considering well....Kratos is shirtless most of the game and she had to make adjustments for this genderbend. Part of a red tattoo can be seen on her chest which is seen first up at the top on Kristen's face. Immediately following this strap is almost like a bust/corset strap done in dark brown leather. This then leads into a skirt part with brown and a little bit of red at the bottom.

For footwear, Kristen's got her whole leg covered starting from her kneecap. The top and bottom of this cover feature cuffs that have a faux fur material to them. Brown shoes round out the rest of this cosplay. She also has the Leviathan Axe as her prop/weapon as seen in most of the game. The prop has a mostly brown handle with the axe blade done in grey with some rad weathering effects/scratches added in. For the wig, Kristen has a deep brown styled with a ponytail that rests on one of her shoulders.

Going back to the skirt, the belt has an interesting pattern and one of the photos gives a good closeup to it. Mainly showing two sets of red fabric layered over each other. One of which looks to have been split into multiple strands with golden dots on their ends. The red tattoo on Kristen's chest travels up to her shoulder! The makeup and details to her skin are just absolutely unreal, with a scar added in over her other eye and blood splatter in the photo at the top!

All Photos by David Love Photography.

Like I said there weren't many photos of this posted publicly BUT Kristen did an absolutely fantastic job and I just loved seeing these pics get posted! If you guys wanna follow more of Kristen's work, I highly recommend you check out her Patreon. The lewd tiers are pure fire <3
https://www.patreon.com/kristenlanae
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?