Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Leah Stevo!

Photo by Golden Hour.net

I was absolutely blown away by Leah Stevo's kindness after she left some lovely comments on my post sharing her work (I wrote about her Star Guardian Urgot here!). So much so that she happily agreed to do an Interview with me last week. I instantly fell in love with her upbeat personality and she's definitely someone super fun to be around with. During my time, Leah referenced her time in high school where she didn't have that many friends given her nerdy interests. Citing her Dad as a big influence, the Intellivision was one gaming system she grew up with. Some of her earliest memories also include playing board games with friends in her garage. Eventually she discovered cosplay and fell in love with it in 2014 with her first cosplay created.

This ended up being an outfit derived from her Skyrim created character. We also went in to talking about her Star Guardian Urgot and how floored she was with the reception from it. For Leah, seeing her cosplay senpais comment on how wonderful her cosplays were made her feel so star-struck. Not only that, but she entered in several costume contests and masquerades. These also proved to be superb in standing next to other senpais like Oshley Cosplay and Hoku Props. Her DiabloXOverwatch mashup with Reaper earned her an invite to BlizzCon. A common theme I noticed with this interview is that Leah is somewhat in disbelief of all the recognition she's got, when I kept urging that she's incredible and super deserving of all of this.

Photo by Michael Foshee
As you'll see in the Interview, Leah is a wonderful human being that I've instantly fallen for hard <3. She mentions how Urgot is her boy what with being the least playable League champion according to Riot. Despite this though, Leah concedes that she's not that fantastic at the game, or MOBA's in general. I say this with every interview, but Leah was an absolute delight and she's definitely someone to watch out for as she's just getting started with intense cosplay builds. I really hope you guys enjoy this :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------











Photo by David Chan

Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Saeris

Photo by Wayne West Phtotography

I can't recommend Leah Stevo's work enough! If you guys are into her stuff, her Instagram includes links to all her other social media links. GO FOLLOW HER OK? :D Thank you so so much Leah for being the sweetheart you are in doing this with me <3.
https://www.instagram.com/leahstevoart/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?