Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Akakioga's Lucina!



Fire Emblem cosplays always interest me for their incredibly gorgeous designs. Whether they're sleek and pretty like the Lucina I have for you today, or the sensual looks of my waifus Camilla and Tharja, there's something for any kind of FE fan. Today, I've got the actually adorable Akakioga in her Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening! Right off the bat you're hit with lots of blue with some callbacks in her design to both Marth and her father, Chrom. It looks like she has some kind of black under-suit with her legs and sleeves fully covered up. The main show lies in the center outfit. Some of the close ups show the SUPER BEAUTIFUL shade of blue Akakioga used for this part. Multiple gold straps can be seen here along with some brown straps and a belt that looks like it's slightly tilted.

Photo by Orangemeep Photography
Up by Akakioga's sleeves are white pieces of fabric with a blue "X" added in. There's also blue gloves too! The shoulder pauldrons have a pretty simple design done in blue with yellow for its design and outer trim. This is but one of a few standout pieces to me of this cosplay. The other has to be the long flowing blue wig that travels down a decent length. Atop her head is a small yellow crown of sorts! The cape is one of my favorite parts, lush blue outside with a blood red interior. You better believe Akakioga got in some cape flips for her shoot!

Lucina's signature blade the Falchion makes an appearance and I was surprised by its size. It looks like it was made scalable to her size. The paint job is incredible as is the accuracy of the curves. Posing is also on point with some I recognize from both the game and her Smash Bros appearance! What's also interesting is the leg work here if you go to the bottom. It looks like her legs are covered by a slim looking boot but then there's additions to the top of her foot and the back of her heel!


The way this was all put together is just marvelous and I commend on Akakioga on a job well done! Check out the other sweet photos I found of this cosplay :D




I definitely want to show off Akakioga's work again in the near future. Until then, feel free to check out her work and follow her at the link down below!
https://twitter.com/Akakioga
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?