Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: VyeCos' Aranea Highwind is INSANE!


From my recent splurge of finding new cosplayers to share, I came across this SUPER GORGEOUS Aranea from FFXV and I was sold from the get go. What's even more rad was that the game's official Twitter account shared this cosplay and my heart was just aflutter. Meet VyeCos, a cosplayer based down in Australia! This specific version of Aranea is seen in the Episode Prompto DLC of the game. Given that the story here is set in a snowy landscape, Vye is all decked out in a gorgeously long coat that goes all the way down to her feet. For mobility purposes, the lower area is covered for one side and the other half is completely exposed. Except the pants are super amazing too! Mainly it's all black and red which is just making me fangirl like crazy. Starting from near the top, Vye's scarf is thick in its texture and a deep shade of red. The jacket has several sections etched in with red, for example, the shoulders have red trim etched out to mimic a piece of shoulder armor.

Black can be seen on both sides of the jacket as a red line cuts the cosplay in half and travels down to her waist. The pants are super sleek in color and design with 3 red straps seen on one of her legs. When I mentioned how the lower part was not used for one side, it almost looks like the one that's covering Vye's leg is not even a part of the full piece, and moreso like an attachment! The interior of this part is BEAUTIFULLY done. The trim is straight up faux fur possibly and is repeated for Vye's cuffs.

Quick mention also, her wig is super on point. The bangs are expertly cut and the coloring is just so right! Classy black boots round out the rest of this cosplay. Should probably mention also the massive spear that Vye is wielding right? It was created to scale for her height and has such a rad design to it once you get to the main part from the staff body. The spearhead has parts that look like cover the inner workings and has a beautiful blend of red and black. Like I'm talking shading and almost gradient like style guys. The various detailing and spikes protruding from the spear are just so amazing and I love this so much.


The photos are also something else and each show off the cosplay wonderfully! Seriously, you guys are gonna wanna see these pics! VyeCos did an amazing job bringing Aranea to life and I love her immensely for that! :D







All shots by Creed Photography!

I HIGHLY recommend you all check out VyeCos' work on her Twitter! SHE ALSO DID CASUAL PROMPTO AND I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S DONE HIM! She's also a super sweetheart too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?