Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Elena Blueskies LOVES Bulma!


If anything, today's Showcase will make you realize that Elena Blueskies loves Dragon Ball. More specifically, SHE REALLY LIKES BULMA OK? I've got not one, but three cosplays done by Elena that involve her mashing up Bulma with another well known DBZ character. Simply put, Bulma is mashed up with Goku, Piccolo and Vegeta to stunningly gorgeous effect. Each cosplay has a few common themes that more so lineup with Bulma's design if anything. Firstly, the inspired character's name is done up in black fabric with a white backing that's laid out across her chest. And then you have the super cute dress in various colors relating to the character. Piccolo as you see above is mainly about the green. Elena either used body paint for her face or it was done as a photo effect. The green lipstick though I think is legit. She also has a turban like headpiece in white with a dark blue top.

The white ascot makes an appearance also as it covers her neck. It looks like Elena has custom Piccolo centered sleeves for her arms and legs cause I don't know how else the Namekian's distinct skin tone can be achieved in this manner. A Dragon Ball prop is thrown in cause duh? Elena also has cute little orange shoes to round it all out. Next up is her Goku mashup which is much simpler as a whole. Replace the whole dress color scheme with Goku's signature orange and blue and you're pretty much done XD.

The giant fluffy wig and bow tie is honestly the cutest thing ever and I just wanna give Elena a giant hug in that cosplay <3. Goku is etched out on the front along with Bye, Son on her back. The shoes this time around are the same style as Piccolo's but done in different colors. Also Elena is allowed to breath a little with full leg exposure. Mashing up Bulma with her hot headed husband is again, simple like Goku but some added little props. The blue dress is simply gorgeous and the yellow just stands out a whole bunch. She's got a small white belt with 2 pouches on her sides. White and yellow are the colors here. The bow tie makes a return in yellow and the hair is slightly different!


Another reappearance is the ascot like piece, AND Elena is rocking a sweet scouter with a red lens piece. This is probably the same piece/toy that I used for my Wolf cosplay XD. All of the photos have Elena acting all cute in various poses with and without whatever props she has for each outfit. The benches and windows are perfect set pieces and I JUST LOVE HER LOTS OK? :D. Here's a look at all the other photos I have of Elena's Bulma outfits!







All shots by Del Fuego Photography!

Elena Blueskies is an incredibly sweet and talented costume designer. You guys don't wanna miss out on her antics and fun adventures. Really hoping I'll be able to see her at NYCC this year! Check out the link below for more of her!
https://www.instagram.com/elenablueskies/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?