Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: BecofHearts LOVES Starfire


Another gal who I found through Jessica Nigri's recent spree of spotlighting cosplayers is BecofHearts! AND HOLY SMOKES AM I IN LOVEEEEE <3. She's the quintessential Starfire cosplayer of my dreams and have done soooo many variations of the character. As a result, I've decided to focus on 2 outfits that were recently created for the Tamaranian Princess. First off as you can see above, Bec is rocking her current costume as seen in the latest Teen Titans movies in the DCAU plus some of the Rebirth comics. Stated in the photos, the suit was done by Brandon Gilbert. Here, the cosplay consists of a single leotard that's brightly colored in white and purple. The signature green jewel is placed up in the center of her chest. Then, you have sleeves for both her legs and arms. The purple and white are more prominently shown as well.

 BecofHearts is rocking a wonderfully long red wig with the tips done up in orange to give off that fire feel. It looks like she underwent body paint procedures to capture the skin tone. Either that or it was done as part of the post editing process. Regardless, she looks absolutely beautiful and I fangirled the second I saw these pics <3. Bec also wonderfully poses with capturing Kori's personality. The other outfit I picked out is one done slightly earlier as part of a run done in the New 52 era.

The color scheme stays the same and some parallels can be made to her classic Teen Titans show costume. Mainly with Bec's midriff showing and how short the pants are. The top piece is much more purple with white/silver lines traveling down. Like the Gilbert suit, the green stone is relatively in the same spot. Vinyl fabric looks to be the material done for its construction. The sleeves are half purple and silver with a hole up near Bec's shoulders. You can also see a small green stone placed in the waist.


In addition, Bec has incredibly long heel boots which go up to her dang thighs :O. The wig this time around is full on bright red. The vibrant hue certainly pops with the rest of the cosplay. Again, I don't know if she body painted up or if it was edited in post. SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS THOUGH CHECK OUT THE PICS <3






All Photos by Tim Bermingham!

BecofHearts is someone I'm so dang glad I found and I hope you all take a look at her work at the very least. Being a diehard Nightwing X Starfire shipper, Bec is someone I'd LOVE to meet in person one day <3. Until then, you guys can follow her on Instagram down below! :)
https://www.instagram.com/becofhearts/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?