Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Dominique Skye's Mera

Photo by Lienad.photo

The name Dominique Skye is super familiar to me cause I would see her comments on mutual friends' posts a bunch. I only recently got the chance to meet her briefly while hanging with Mink the Satyr at Katsucon. We both spotted her Mera from across the way and holy hell did I fangirl so dang hard you guys. If you know me at all then Aquaman and Mera are one of my main comic couples that I favor a LOT! Couple the fact that this look was inspired by the Justice League movie version, I just had to feature it! Better yet though, I wanted to scour Dominique's social medias for ALL THE MERA PICS! I wanted to quickly start off by saying holy smokes does she look GOOD in this suit. Practically a perfect figure for the Queen of Atlantis. The cosplay mainly consists of a suit pattern done by HouseofJ Customs. After that, you've got various armor pieces that are placed on certain spots on her cosplay.

For example, you've got armored bracers and some pieces that look like leg armor, mainly covering her lower sections here. Plus, there's kneecap armor as well. These are done up in an almost faded/rusty gold color. As if they were housed in the water long enough to gather up that grimy look. That faded and dark coloring is prominent throughout the whole suit here. The suit is so well made that if you were to quickly look at Dominique, you probably would think that some parts are armor and not fabric. For me, the waist belt looks real and not fabric. That says something about the incredible make of the cosplay.

Dominique also has a glorious crown atop a SUPER LONG AND GORGEOUS red wig. Like I think that's one of my favorite parts of the cosplay, it's so fitting and something I'd imagine an IRL Mera to rock <3. You've got your badass poses along with the seductive ones that'd win over hearts to come. Some of the shots I have show closeups of the bracers and the detailing/weathering is INSANE :O. Can't forget about the obligatory pictures with Arthur's trident right? Seriously go marvel at these pictures down below!

Photo by Novaine

Photo by DMS_Studios64

Photo by Perfect Five



Not only does Dominique Skye make amazing cosplays for herself, but her family is all into it as well with her husband and daughter having outfits of their own too! You can check out her work at the link below <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?