Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Soundtrack Review: Final Fantasy 10 HD


I had to double check and yes it turns out I did a review for the Original Soundtrack to Final Fantasy 10. I hope you guys won't mind me reviewing nearly an identical soundtrack! Whenever I'm working on either school-work or cosplay, I put on some music in the background be it from my iPod or a playlist of songs usually from a soundtrack on YouTube. Lately with progress on Nightwing, Greninja and Riku, I've been listening to the Remastered Soundtrack for Final Fantasy 10. Normally I have music somewhat related to the outfit I'm working on but I love FFX so much and ehh, Riku is from Kingdom Hearts, that series is done by Square Enix, shouldn't be hard to connect the dots :).



For the HD re-release of FF10/10-2, not only did the game get a graphical overhaul, but the soundtrack was re-done in some parts as well. Only a small few of the tracks remained untouched and the only ones I can think of at the moment that were is the theme song "Suteki Da Ne". Which ones got changed though? I'm not going to go through ALL of them but mainly my personal favorites that I love a little bit more thanks to this update.

"To Zanarkand" is alot more heavy on the piano and can most likely get you crying in a much shorter time period.
"Prelude" is a bit more techno with the drums and main melody
"Battle Theme" is definitely more orchestral this time around.
"Besiad" opens up now with a light piano and is much more beautiful this time around. I get this odd Japanese vibe from it as the song continues on.
"Spira Unplugged" (My favorite) is a bit more loose on the guitar than the original.
"Yuna's Theme" is a bit more on the high note level and more fluid.
"Blitz Off" is more electronica this time
"Auron's Theme" is heavier on the bass and has the light touches as it gets to the main part
"Rikku's Theme" has more guitar in the intro and still cheery and happy like before
"Thunder Plains" is more on the piano and quiet side with drops of rain like noises filling in the background.
"Assault" builds up more tension and epicness as it rides into the main part.
"Servants of the Mountain" or as I know it as "Mt. Gagazet" has more violin.
"Fight with Seymour" is still ass kicking as it was back then. I can't describe the changes you're gonna have to listen to it yourself.
"Contest of Aeons" has more drum pounding than I remember.

Those are about all the ones I remember loving back when I played the original. If you come to this soundtrack with the same experience I've had then the changes in each song will be noticeable or not depending on how good your memory and listening skills are. If you're coming into this for the first time then you definitely shouldn't be jaded by how the music sounds. Even with this update, the music of Final Fantasy 10 is amazing!

Should you Give this a Listen?
Yes,  either through playing the HD versions of Final Fantasy 10 or there's always YouTube :). Memorable tracks were even made more amazing so definitely don't miss out on this!

What's Popular?