Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Poison Ivy!

It's been known that Batman has one of the most iconic rouges' gallery of villains from the Joker to Mr. Freeze, as well as some interesting females like Harley Quinn and Catwoman. If anything, the females of the Bat-Universe are more so done when it comes to cosplay and one such beauty is the intoxicating Poison Ivy.

In my time going to conventions and looking at cosplay pictures, I've definitely seen a handful of Poison Ivy Cosplays. Is she overdone? Yea I can see where you're coming from, but unlike say Black Cat, Ivy has so many variations to go with her outfit and today I wanted to show off various cosplayers I follow who just make an absolutely irresistible Poison Ivy! So let's get to it shall we?

Photo by Andrew Ho


First off I have the lovely Crystal Graziano otherwise known as Precious Cosplay who has a very buxom Poison Ivy that looks almost like a Bombshell take on the character. The outfit consists of a gorgeous red wig with green adornments and a one piece green leotard with plant/leave features around the corners of the outfit. Added to the back around her butt is an awesome green cape that looks very exquisite with loads of detail added in. Add the leaf wrist item and flower in one of her hands and Crystal definitely captures the feel of Poison Ivy. The pictures and its backgrounds look amazing!

Photo by Andrew Ho

Photo by Hung Ngo
Next up is the ever so goofy raptor queen Nicole Marie Jean. Her Poison Ivy here has a long bright red wig and an outfit that shows exposure in her stomach with the leaf texture running up her sides up to the bra portion. Also on one arm is a vine encasing which makes it look like she's controlling plant life. How cool is that? I love the lipstick she uses as well as the leaf positioned on her face plus the green eye shadow makes her look very seductive. Same with the pose shown in the image above! Having that photo as a print is also pretty freaking cool and the note she wrote on it for me was so sweet :). Also shown in the bottom shot are leaf patterns alongside one of her legs. If I may, the bottom shot looks absolutely sexy!

Photo by View Beyond Sight Photography

Photo by SF Design
One of my best friends in cosplay makes an awesome Poison Ivy and that is definitely Marie Grey. Not only did she do her "classic look" but also several versions seen above and below. On top we have Marie in a simple Orange jumpsuit that's supposed to mimic a prison suit for staying at Arkham Asylum. Though judging by her facial expression, she seems to not be bothered by it, waiting to seduce a prison guard in letting her go free hehe. Below, Marie went and did the New 52 look of Poison Ivy first seen in the Detective Comics series if memory serves and I love the way her hair looks! So long and orange, definitely vibrant :D. She definitely has a knack for making faces that honestly make me blush :3.

Photo by SF Design


Photo by David Ngo
If you thought I wouldn't mention Monika Lee's Steampunk Poison Ivy well don't cause I definitely couldn't leave it out! Here Monika took inspiration from a design done by NoFlutter from deviantArt. I love how it looks on her. The light green arm covers, goggles over her head, the small yet complex green top hat with roses on it. Seriously getting to see this at NYCC was so cool I just only regret not taking enough pictures of her in it! Alongside the bottom is an awesome frilly green pattern again added with roses alongside her hip. Garter straps attach the top to the green stockings she has on for the outfit. Also, red hair looks REALLY good on Monika! I love the seductive and innocent poses she makes in the photos I have here, definitely her style and Poison Ivy's.

Photo by MineralBlu Photography


Photo by Waylen Photography
Arizona Cosplayer Katybear here makes an absolutely modest and drop dead gorgeous Poison Ivy here. The different shades of green here really compliment the whole outfit and I seriously love the shots taken in this photo shoot, particularly the one below. The giant trees in the background are amazing. My favorite part of Katy's outfit has to be the stockings covering her long legs. They are seriously super attractive to me and the heels are an added boost to the image. The vine running across her legs is also sexy and I just love how calm she looks here!

Photo by Waylen Photography


Photo by Chelsea Kramer
A recent cosplayer I discovered and have quickly formed a kick ass friendship is this lady right here. Nikki Kristan does one of the more traditional Poison Ivy looks with a bra top and shorts all decorated with that leaf pattern/texture. Much like Nicole, Nikki also has vines placed on her hand going up to her wrist which is perfect for the "blowing you a kiss" pose you can see up above! Nikki's figure is what also makes this Ivy work so much and I love it :).  She can also pull off red hair incredibly well and I just love the pose she makes in the photo below! Really looking forward to meeting her next month at Hartford Comic Con!!

Photo by Chelsea Kramer


Photo by SGH PhotoArt
I'm such a huge fan of Kristen Hughey's work since she looks gorgeous in just about anything she wears. Her Poison Ivy is no exception, the hair looks soft and beautiful on her and the cosplay itself really helps in bringing out other fantastic features such as her eyes in the case of the photo above! The leaf  wrist pieces on her work well in the bottom picture and I love the effect done to make it look like her whole body is a light tint of green which has been one characteristic in Ivy's design over the years. The flowers placed in her hair work well and the makeup is really well done! The suit itself is that same classic pattern. Kristen also did a special bikini shoot/version of Ivy with just as you might expect, red hair and the bikini parts made matching the leaf pattern/texture!

Photo by Jay Hooker Images



Photo by Eric Fiallos
Last but not least I have the incredibly beautiful and sexy Rosanna Rocha. Her Poison Ivy here is much more covered with a full suit done and arm covers done with same material as the suit. The wig on her really pops as does her lipstick choice. Her stomach an abs are also exposed with her sides running up as well as her low area below the stomach. The green stockings Rosanna wears alongside the outfit look great on her. As seen in the above photo I feel like she modified it to show more focus on her chest area which is totally fine by me since I'm easily attracted to any Poison Ivy cosplayer :). Rosanna definitely looks dangerous!


That's everything I've got for you today! I hope you all enjoyed this new type of cosplay feature! I'll try to keep this constant for a few weeks if I can like the normal features I usually post! If you want to follow each of these girls' incredible cosplay works and funny ramblings, I've included links to each of their Facebook Pages and Twitters!

Nikki Kristan:

What's Popular?