Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Katyuska Moonfox is Breathtaking as Yoko!

Photo by John Pryke

The last time I featured cosplayer Katyuska Moonfox, it was showing how amazing she looked as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7. I can pretty much say the same thing with today's outfit which is Yoko from the anime Gurren Lagan. From what little of the anime I saw (maybe like 1-2 episodes) Yoko's character is of a strong kick ass girl whose manner of outfit might confuse foes but hey, at least she can take them all out with her giant Sniper Rifle right? If I remember correctly one of the pictures I have to share is of a former version of Yoko with the picture up at the top is more recent.

Yoko's outfit for Katyuska includes high heels with flame decorations down at the bottom, pink high knee socks, black leather short shorts and a bra with the same kind of flame decorations. The rifle is impressive looking and the wig looks fantastic. I love the pink scarf and little skull pin that's placed in her hair. Then of course there are the sunglasses up at the top. The different types of gloves for both hands are very cool! The outfit much like Tifa, shows off her figure very well and some of the poses Katyuska makes are just simply amazing and cute. The background for some of the photos is nearly the same as in the Tifa pictures so it's most likely the same location. Katyuska is definitely one cosplayer I would absolutely love to meet but the chances of that are near slim since well, she's based in Australia! I hope you all enjoy the pictures!

Photo by Beethy Photography

Photo by Beethy Photography

Photo by John Pryke


What's Popular?