Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

First Impressions: Revolution 60


At PAX East, I mentioned I tried out 2 games in demo form. While not completing the whole demo I feel like I got just about enough information to write up these short First Impression posts. With that being said yes these might be incredibly short but I'll do as best as I can to sum up my experiences. One of the games I tried out was Revolution 60! Cosplayers It's Raining Neon and Bethany Maddock were there to promote the game with the outfits they made and after speaking with them, they encouraged me to try out the game so I did!


The demo was displayed on an iPad and fully utilizes touch controls. The game starts with choosing a difficulty level and you're thrown right into a sequence with main character Holiday. The scenes are coupled with quick time motions that you have to complete by following the path with your fingers. Gameplay itself is more of an RPG style with elements from games such as Mass Effect. In this case it's mainly how choice can affect the entire game as you play through. Combat is fairly straightforward with you moving one square at a time and tapping to fire your weapon which as a cooldown. You can move 1 space in any direction and as you dodge and attack you build up your special attack meter. When this is full, you move in for a strong attack. The graphics in this game are very mod like/old school and the all-female cast of characters is a definite strong point. As of now the game has had a successful Kickstarter and is set to release on iOS devices plus PC and Mac very soon! I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this and if you want more information, check out the Kickstarter link below! :)

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spacekat/bring-revolution-60-to-pc-and-mac

What's Popular?