Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

First Impressions: Dragon Fin Soup


One of the other games I tried out at PAX East this year was Dragon Fin Soup by developer Grimm Bros! Taking a wild shot in the dark thinking that the developer chose its name as an homage to the famous Grimm Fairy Tales. This first game of theirs definitely looks to have a similar vibe as the stories do. Cosplayer Destiny Nickelsen was asked to help promote for the game by creating an outfit for the main character! Like the other game I played I didn't manage to complete the demo due to having other things I wanted to check out. Unfortunately that happens when you only manage to get a 1 day pass to the convention. That doesn't mean I didn't pick up what was happening though in the game!

Dragon Fin Soup is a fantasy RPG/Strategy game where you control the main heroine Red Robin. From where I started, the game opened up with you as Red. Some dialogue took place and you were off chasing someone who I'm guessing did some bad action to either her or one of her friends. You control Red using the arrow keys and as you move to an object in your way, you automatically start attacking it. These objects include rocks and tree-stumps! As I traveled, the mini map in the corner revealed new areas. The end of this part resulted in you catching up to the person being chased only to have Red be beaten very easily. I noticed during this fight that along one of the corners were abilities you can use via pressing the number keys. Unfortunately I was too late to try and activate them as I had already died. Though I'm wondering if that was scripted and you were supposed to fail.

My time with the demo ended with Red waking up in a house wondering if what happened was a dream. Either that or the events that took place was a horrible dream. Overall the game was fun and the graphics were very colorful and detailed. The game has completed it's Kickstarter and is set to be made for PS4, PS3, Vita, PC, Mac and Steam. For more information check out the game's Kickstarter and official website!

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup

Site:



What's Popular?