Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Harley Quinn!

For this week's showcase, I once again have a slightly less number of cosplayers to feature. As for the character, I figured why not go for one of the other Gotham City Sirens and the Joker's psychotic sidekick/lover Harley Quinn! I have 3 cosplayers this time around and they've all been seen here fairly recently (as in this week XD)! With that being said, why don't we get started!

Photo by Tobias Roybal Photography
First off we have the gorgeous Destiny Nickelsen with her Harley being based out of her incarnation in the fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us! Here Destiny utilizes the 2 primary colors that are placed throughout the outfit which are black and red. Both colors are traditional in jester attire and are a callback to Harley's original design in some way. The wig itself is made up of 2 different wigs done by the company Arda Wigs and there's lots of detailing gone into the pieces. Including the gloves, vest being held together by cool looking belts and more.

 I love the way the edges look on her leg pieces and the poses she makes give off an innocent vibe but you just know that behind that cute smile, that Destiny is up to no good just like Harley! In some shots the black parts give off a slight shade of purple which I feel is a nice touch (though that might be just me that sees it. Destiny's version of this Harley was very helpful to other cosplayers who wanted to try and get a more accurate version which we'll see later on down below! Great job on the outfit Destiny :D.
Photo by Patrick Sun

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography

Photo by Tobias Roybal Photography

Photo by Twistedmanga.com







Lisa's Harley had it's own cosplay feature not too long ago however that's not the only version of Harley she took on. I have pictures of the version above though that weren't shown in the full feature. I'll be very brief about this outfit again since I don't want to repeat myself. Seriously everything about this Ballerina Harley I love so much. The choice of the top, the mixed up knee socks and foot wear. That practically screams what Harley is all about. This is definitely the one outfit of Lisa's I want a print of when her store opens soon again...that is unless there's more that I like which will make the decision hard >_<.

The other version of Harley that Lisa created was the original outfit straight from Batman The Animated Series. a full Red and black body suit complete with a mask and the same giant hammer used in the other outfit. Lisa's expressions  on her face are perfect and she looks like she's having a blast with the photoshoot!

Photo by AndrewDHPhotos 
Photo by Player 2 Photography

Photo by Player 2 Photography






Last but not least we have Jessica who also did 2 versions of Harley Quinn. The first version above if you can't tell is the Injustice: Gods Among Us outfit. This was made alongside to match with Monika Lee who did Wonder Woman's design from the game! Much like Destiny, Jess took advantage of the color scheme and used different types of fabric with slightly different shades. Never the less she looks amazing in it! Comparing this to the other Harley is somewhat simple for me and I wonder if you guys can see it once I explain it. The photos of the Injustice version show Jess as almost like a dark and creepy/very psychotic version of Harley. Whereas her other version which is down below, shows off the sexy and goofy side of Harley. Take a look!

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
Jessica created a Steampunk Version of Harley awhile back last year and this is definitely one of my favorites of hers. The outfit includes a cute top hat with goggles on top of her head and streams of red running through her pigatails. White makeup and a similar mask like the Injustice version is also used! I love the corset and the color choices/design on each side. Garters are used connected to her legs and the fluffy ends off the corset are just adorable. Getting to see this in person at NYCC alongside Monika's Steampunk Poison Ivy was so freaking awesome and I love the pictures I got of them :D. The poses she makes in the photos both as I said earlier show off goofy and sexy which are other famous traits Harley Quinn has! Awesome job on this Jessica, I still love it!

Photo by 12 North Photography

Photo by MineralBlu Photography

Photo by LJinto

Photo by MineralBlu Photography

I know I'm repeating links but I feel like I should do that for every showcase I do! Here's where you can find these awesome ladies :)











What's Popular?