Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Progress: Making ALL THE THINGS

Over the past week, I've been putting out lots of cosplay progress photos for both Steampunk Nightwing and my Greninja Cosplay. As I mentioned yesterday I have a feeling that I can get these outfits pretty much done over the summer. I have about 5 items to buy with 4 of them already in my sights/I know where to get them.

The beginning of the week had me constructing and painting Ninja Stars for Greninja as his signature move is known as Water Shuriken. You can see the process below in the pictures as I primed and sanded them down with the final addition of Blue Acrylic. It was very time consuming as after I had done the initial build, I found more Worbla scraps that were much smoother therefore made for better material and overall a much cleaner look.


Gesso being painted on



Final Look!


Here's how everything looks so far!

On Thursday my Steampunk Goggles came in. I traced out the goggles again on Worbla and created an outline to place on the silver outline that's around the lenses. On each end I made the sides as they look on Nightwing's Mask. After careful painting and cleaning, I'm really satisfied with how they came out. Now I just need to be careful walking around

ERRRMAHGERRD STERMPERNK 

This is what I mean by outline :)

Painted and ready to go!
That's all I got for now :D

What's Popular?