Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Yaya Han's Power Girl!

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography
For this week's cosplay feature, I need to show how freaking amazing Yaya Han is at crafting her many cosplays. Today's outfit being her Power Girl from DC Comics. The outfit is actually based off the statue made by Kotobukiya hence why the belt seems a bit low/off. However it's just so awesome to look at and Yaya definitely emanates Power Girl's tough attitude. Everything from the body suit to the cape and gloves were hand made. Taking notes from her website, Yaya constructed this outfit using a golden rope and belt buckle. The cape was hand made and hemmed and the leather gloves/boots were custom dyed and altered. The bodysuit was all done to match for her body and the wig was styled as well.


For Power Girl's famous "boob window" Yaya used and I quote "a Victoria's Secret Bombshell Bra" which is awesome and hilarious. Altogether the outfit looks fantastic and I had the opportunity to see it in person when I met her for the first time last year at Boston Comic Con. She really is an advocate for cosplaying however you see fit and to make sure that it's represented in a positive light. All these things Yaya does definitely shows how aptly her title as an Ambassador for cosplay is used. She's very sweet and encouraging for beginning cosplayers such as myself and it made me smile so much when she loved my Meta Knight cosplay I debuted when I met her. I very much look forward to seeing her again this year and here's hoping I get a chance to interview her.

Also if it seems like lots of cosplay features are of outfits from DC Comics when it's comic cosplays, then that's totally just me being biased XD. I definitely try to include Marvel in the mix though! Enjoy the pictures guys :)

Photo by Brian Boling

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography

Here's the other feature I did of Yaya in her Chun-Li Cosplay!
http://thelightningpalace.blogspot.com/2013/09/cosplay-feature-yaya-hans-chun-li.html

What's Popular?