Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Cold Candle's Sonic the Hedgehog!


One cosplayer I've had the pleasure of getting to know shortly after I started is the super adorable Cold Candle. Hillary (her actual name) has a strong fondness/love for the Sonic the Hedgehog series, so much that she decided to cosplay him in the form known as a gijinka. If you remember from my previous posts and my actual interview with her, a gijinka is basically taking an animal-like character and portraying it as a human form. In fact, she was the person that I discovered this idea which led to my gijinka cosplays such as Meta Knight and soon to be finished Greninja. So how does Hillary make this Sonic her own?


For portraying Sonic, Hillary uses a white shirt with a blue plaid vest. Short short jeans and white stockings show the bottom and leg parts. Red shoes are also used as are white fingerless gloves. In other photos down below, the shoes are changed to Converse High Tops which fit perfectly. The tail and ears definitely stand out as they were made out of fleece material to give it that soft feel, they were filled with stuffing to give it more volume. The poses which Hillary makes in the photos below definitely emanate what Sonic is all about: speed, attitude and cool. The blue wig is very vibrant and looks great on her here. Though it wouldn't be complete without the little ring prop that she made for the cosplay. I'm hoping one day to meet her at a convention while wearing my Shadow cosplay which she helped out in designing it, she's making a Rouge cosplay at the moment so that's freaking awesome! Have a look at some more photos below :)

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi

Photo by Five Rings Photography

Photo by Five Rings Photography

Photo by Five Rings Photography

What's Popular?