Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vampy Bit Me's Samus Aran!

Photo by Long Vo
Today I wanted to feature the awesomeness that is Linda Le otherwise known as Vampy Bit Me on her page! The last time I featured her was with her second Rule 63 of Nightwing in his New 52 uniform. Last year, Vampy decided to take on one of the most iconic Video Game heroines ever created with Samus Aran. Not only did she craft an incredible Zero Suit, but she also made a little Metroid prop that you'll see in the photos down below! The suit itself is made out of spandex (looks like it anyway) with the pink designs that she has on the suit. The wig also looks incredible and I have to say, I really like Vampy as a blonde.


The process it took to create the Metroid prop is a bit more complicated and I can't remember exactly how she made it with what materials but I'm sure you can look around to find a write up she possibly did on making it? Vampy also created several more Metroids to sell off to people who were lucky enough to have the funds for. It's the photos here that really shine with amazing Photoshop manipulation, plus the outfit was used in a series of photos in a project known as The Wild Places which was created by cosplay photographer Anna Fischer. The project basically involved her and certain well known cosplayers traveling around the country to incredible areas to take breath-taking photos.

Vampy also created a second Samus cosplay known as the Justin Bailey outfit (I'm not too familiar with this one but it involves some kind of code created back in the early 90's for one of the games.) This outfit has Vampy sporting a green wig with boots and a one piece pink leotard as well as the famous Arm Cannon attached to one arm. This outfit was also a part of The Wild Places project. Just take a look at the photos down below and see how amazing this came out :D

Photo by Anna Fischer

Photo by Long Vo

Photo by Long Vo

Photo by Wind on the Stars

What's Popular?