Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Video Interview: Riddle's Messy Wardrobe at RICC 2013

For this week I want to share with you guys the awesome video interview I did last weekend at Rhode Island Comic Con. I was able to interview Riki LeCotey or as she is otherwise known as Riddle's Messy Wardrobe from her fanpage. The interview went pretty much the same way as my previous one back at NYCC where I asked her several questions regarding cosplay and how she uses it. You may remember her from a past blog post where I did a cosplay feature on her Black Cat, or you may recognize her from the SyFy series "Heroes of Cosplay". I've been following her work for some time and always hoped of meeting her so I was as you could imagine very excited.

Photo by Anna Fischer

Riddle is another Atlanta-based cosplayer who's been cosplaying for several years. Along with other cosplayers like Monika and Yaya, she was also a part of the show "Heroes of Cosplay" showcasing her Hellgirl, Rocketeer and Alice cosplays throughout the show's run. She hopes to one day be a part of the prop making business for movies and entertainment (from what I remember from the show, I believe I have it right). I do hope you all enjoy the interview, I'm still getting used to adding to the conversation for each question asked but I'm more than happy with how this came out.


Photo by Benny Lee

Photo by Benny Lee

Photo by Bryan Humphrey

Photo by Bryan Humphrey

Photo by Bryan Humphrey


I want to thank Riddle so so much for giving me the opportunity to interview her. She also gave me lots of good advice regarding my next cosplay I'm hoping to start next year for my next convention. I hope I am able to see her again soon! To follow Riddle's work you can check out the following links:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Riddlesmessywardrobe
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Ridd1e

What's Popular?