Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Katie George's Injustice Wonder Woman!!

I've featured Atlanta cosplayer Katie George on here before in the form of the interview she did here awhile back. Now I want to showcase one of my favorite outfits she's done which was also seen at NYCC this year. The outfit being the Injustice version of Wonder Woman. I absolutely loved seeing it in person and enjoyed being able to talk with Katie for awhile about school, cosplay, conventions and all that good stuff.

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
As it looks, the design for Wonder Woman's look is all based on armor. Most of armor bits are made from craft foam and Worbla. Katie definitely has the arms for her and I love the way the wig looks. The process she went into forming the breastplate was extremely interesting to see and the pants also came out awesome. The boots were also very cool!

The tiara, bracelets, breastplate and belt were all fashioned from the materials mentioned above. In addition to casting it and forming it for her body and the layering it with foam and Worbla. The red area appears to be fabric and it fits perfectly! Also included is Diana's signature Lasso of Truth! While it would of been awesome if I was wearing my Injustice version of Nightwing the same day she wore this, the photos we took together came out awesome so instead of having more photos like the one above, here's some extra ones of Katie from NYCC that my Dad took while we were chatting :).

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
Photo by MineralBlu Photography

Photo by MineralBlu Photography

What's Popular?