Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Gackto

My final pre-written interview also marks the first time I've featured a Male cosplayer on my blog! For an update Gackto hasn't been up to much, he completed a Zero cosplay from Borderlands 2 and that's about as much as I can see for recent, and he has been working out so he can prepare for his future Iron Man cosplay! Enjoy guys.

You didn’t think all I showed here were female cosplayers, did you? Nope, male cosplayers are just as good as females! Gackto here is one example! He cosplays characters from animes, such as Sword Art Online, and various video games like Borderlands 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the Persona series. Gackto also photographs lots of cosplayers from the various conventions he goes to.
Photo by Gackto

What is your name?
Gackto

Where are you from?

I’m from the US.

How long have you been cosplaying?

For about 6 years.

What is your favorite cosplay you’ve made so far?

My Mako, because I have two versions of him: Fire Ferret and the regular outfit.

Are there any upcoming outfits that you are able to share/tell?

Zer0 from Borderlands 2 and another one, but that's a secret!

How did you get into cosplay?

I think I just started dressing up one day, because all of my friends were doing it. Before cosplay, I used to dress in Japanese Rock (j-rock) stuff. Haha. Then I never stopped cosplaying ever since.

Who’s your favorite video game character?

Hard to decide….My favorite games are Persona 3 and 4. So probably Yu Narukami from Persona 4!

Who’s your favorite comic book character?

Oh darn, also very hard to decide. When I was a little kid, I liked Nightcrawler from X-Men, because he could teleport. I thought that would save me a lot of times if I could teleport to different places. Actually, I wish I could do that now so I can save money on plane tickets when I travel.

What was a memorable con moment? Worst con moment?

There are so many memorable con moments. I can't name just one, but I will say every time I meet someone new, it's memorable to me. I love meeting people. Worst moments? There are a few. I don't want to say, because some people will think it's about them. Haha. So I'll say cosplay malfunctions are bad moments!

Do you have a favorite convention you go to/been to?

Anime Central! People are so nice there. That's what sets them apart from all of the conventions I have been to around the country.

What advice would you offer to those that want to get into cosplay?

There are no rules to cosplaying. Whether you buy it or make it, just have fun. If someone is telling you that you are cosplaying the wrong way or you are not supposed to use hot glue or that you're trying too hard or whatever reason... don't listen to them. You cosplay for yourself. Not for them.

What is your favorite part of cosplaying as a character?

The best part is meeting other people in the community. You meet people that have the same interests and you kind of live this magical life for a weekend at a convention hanging out.


Picture:

Photo by Lindsey. Edited by Aicosu

How did you make this cosplay?

I have patterns for jackets. I just cut out fabric for an extra long jacket and then cut an opening at the side instead of the middle. All outfits are really basically a shirt or a jacket.

Why did you choose to cosplay as this character?

I was watching avatar on Netflix. Haha. Then I heard there was a sequel coming out so I caught that show when it came out. I chose Mako because I thought he was cool and a leader. My friend also fit the personality of Bolin, so that sealed the deal as Mako for me,  when we cosplayed together.

Photo by Mako-vangHer | Photography

Photo by Mailorder ||


Conclusion:Gackto hopefully won’t be the last male I feature here and his upcoming outfits are sure to look amazing! To follow Gackto and get to know him more:

Facebook Page:


What's Popular?