Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vanity Fox's Nina!

Today I want to finally feature one of my very good friends and fellow New England area cosplayer Casey Anne. The cosplay shown here is actually her latest one which she wore at NYCC on Friday. The character being Nina from Breath of Fire 2! It's actually pretty funny how before the convention I had asked if she had anything planned, she wanted to keep it a secret and honestly told me that it's an obscure character that very few people will know.

Talk about obscure because I have never heard of this character, nor the game she's from! Apparently Breath of Fire 2 is one of Casey's favorite RPG's and the design of this character is freaking beautiful. Shiny fabric clothing adorned with various jewels and bracelets, gorgeous blonde hair all topped off by 2 really big wings growing our of her back!

Nina from Breath of Fire 2!

So how did Casey go about creating this cosplay? Well from the looks of the photos I have to share she nailed it perfectly. The wings are by far my favorite part all made from feathers which she had purchased online. The wig chosen also fits the character and the fabric chosen definitely match the style which Nina is shown wearing. Casey even managed to have jewelry/stones on the fabric alongside intricate ornate patterns in certain areas of the cosplay such as the neck, chest, bracers and boots! Seriously I'm in love with the colors of the full outfit and it's arguably one of my favorites Casey has done so far. She was working very hard on it from what I could see online in terms of progress and all the hard work paid off BIG TIME :D.

Overall Casey looks incredibly beautiful in the outfit and I was extremely impressed by it (as I am with all of her outfits :)). Below I have some pictures of the outfit as well as a previous photo from NYCC this year!


Casey Anne and I at NYCC 2013

Photo by Lawrence Brenner

Photo by OhHeyItsSK

Also be sure to keep an eye out around PAX East next year for a video interview with Casey Anne instead of a written one which was done originally but scrapped due to outdated information!

What's Popular?