Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Meagan Marie's Gabrielle Belmont!

Today I want to feature a very awesome lady named Meagan Marie. Perhaps you may have heard of her whether it be from her time writing for the magazine Game Informer, the outstanding cosplays she makes, or the fact that she's a part of Crystal Dynamics' media team. The name of that company should sound familiar cause not only is it a part of Square Enix, but it's also the company responsible for the widely successful Tomb Raider reboot that was released a few months back! So yea Meagan is kind os awesome. Truth be told I sort of did see her at PAX East this year as she was working the Tomb Raider booth, however it didn't occur to me until after I got home in which case I thought "oh sh*t THAT WAS MEAGAN?!" I knew she looked familiar. It sucks cause that was the only day I went that year so I'm hoping to see and formally meet her sometime next year at a convention.

Photo by BGZ Studios

Ok on with the cosplay! The outfit I wish to showcase today is Meagan's Gabrielle Belmont which is essentially a female Gabriel Belmont from the well known series of Castlevania! I mean just look at it! That's some really extravagant fabric/leather she has on. The embroidery/pattern design on them look very pretty. Plus the gauntlets were crafted out of Worbla which seems to be a favorite when it comes to making armor and weapons (trust me guys it's really effective). The photos shown here really capture the look and feel that Meagan was going for when creating this cosplay.

In addition to the outfit, she also crafted one of signature weapons of the Castlevania franchise, a Holy Cross with the function of an extending tip that can be released, attached with chains and all that awesome stuff! I really do love the paint jobs that Meagan gave the armor pieces! She also included in the outfit other staple items such as knives and a bottle which I'm going to guess is supposed to be Holy Water? I hope you guys enjoy the photos I picked out below. :D

Photo by Benny Lee Photography

Photo by Benny Lee Photography

Photo by BGZ Studios

Photo by Joseph Chi Lin Photography

What's Popular?