Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: The Amazing Makeup of It's Raining Neon!

One cosplayer I had the pleasure of finally meeting at NYCC this year was DeAnna Davis. On the internet she's mainly known by her page name of It's Raining Neon! On that Saturday she was wearing her Mara Jade Skywalker from the extended Star Wars Universe created in the books. DeAnna makes incredible outfits ranging from a World of Warcraft Death Knight to characters such as Black Widow and Catwoman. I wasn't able to pick a favorite outfit of mine to show but instead I also remembered she's absolutely incredible in makeup.

One of the albums on her Facebook page is devoted to close up shots of her face showcasing the makeup which makes her look like one of the characters she either has cosplayed or hasn't. Let me tell you that these are SPOT ON! Some of them Final Fantasy characters like Ultimecia to ones she's tackled before like Mad Moxxi from Borderlands 2. Some of these shots make me wish DeAnna would just go ahead and create the rest of the cosplay because she would look so amazing in it!

Ultimecia from Final Fantasy 8
I definitely am interested in knowing what materials Neon uses to capture the look of these characters. Makeup is definitely one of her strong suits and I hope she does something like this again in the near future! Below are some other personal favorite shots of other makeup shots she did!

All photos taken by DeAnna Davis/It's Raining Neon

Maya from Borderlands 2

Mad Moxxi from Borderlands 2

Darth Maul from Star Wars

Cloud of Darkness from Final Fantasy 3

If you want to see more of It's Raining Neon's work check out her Facebook Page!
https://www.facebook.com/HereIsNeon

What's Popular?