Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Sutefaniiroozu as the Colossus, Kuromori!

Photo by Chris Bombardo

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Throughout July, I want to share certain ladies I know that took part in the amazing Shadow of the Colossus group at Colossalcon earlier this month! Spearheaded by Stella Chuu, she gathered 16 other cosplayers to portray cute designs of the remaining Colossus' PLUS the protagonist, Wander! All of these were designed by artist Shigatake! Today, I've got super cutie Sutefaniiroozu as Kuromori who's the 8th Colossus you face in the game. In-game, Kuromori is stationed inside what looks to be a battle arena and he also has the ability to crawl around the walls shooting energy blasts at Wander. I'm 100% positive Steph doesn't have that capability but she did an absolutely stellar job on the cosplay as a whole. Starting from the top, she's rocking a cute short blonde wig that has a bob-like style to it. Square like horns extend from each side of her head and are possibly done by use of a headband.

Photo by Lagoon
For the top piece, Steph has a relatively small part here. Some detailing can be seen in the lower section here and it's full on dark brown in color. Slight shades of green can be seen to symbolize the aging aspect each Colossus has. She also has her full stomach exposed yet you can see her "weak spot" there much like how every other cosplayer in this group has with their designated beast. For the lower part of her body, Steph is wearing what pretty much looks like battle ready underwear XD. Underneath is the other part to a 2-piece bikini, for comfort's sake.

Here, you've got some 3D like detailing and much more moss added in. The leg armor is quite impressive, being split up in several sections. Lots of 3D elements and moss added in (which was done during the convention itself, all the girls got together and mossified each other). Straps can be seen on the back of her legs to help keep the armor stable. Boots look to be her footwear as well. The standout pieces to Seph's Colossus has to be her claws and back piece which covers her full backside.


For starters, the arms consists of sleeves which go up to her wrists. From there on out, it's a full blown 3 finger claw for each hand. The sculpting/armor work that went into these pieces is super impressive and I imagine gloves were used as a base so that Steph can slip them on and off with ease (and some help of course)! It's here that the moss shines a little more with the crevices of her fingers really done up with the material. Lastly, the back part looks to be held in place by both the breastplate and lower part. There's also a small cute tail coming out at the end of it. The material used to make this obviously looks light enough so that Steph isn't burdened with back pain. Multiple spikes look to be extending out of this piece here and layered on top of one another. This I can make out with the photos I have that show this off.

Photo by David Ngo
Overall the cosplay as a whole looks skimpy in its design but don't let that derail the effort Steph put into this cosplay. I feel she leveled up her skills with this cosplay. As always, the photographers who captured the shots you see here did a phenomenal job. Every element of this cosplay is shown in great detail and I'm glad Sutefaniiroozu was roped in to show off the skills she's learned since doing cosplay. Check out all the other photos of her I gathered!

Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by Flashbang Cosplay Capture

Photo by Minerablu Photography

Photo by Sorairo Days Photography

Stephanie is an amazingly talented individual who recently made the move to do cosplay full time and I couldn't be more proud. Her talent isn't to be missed and I highly recommend you all check her work out on her Patreon if you'd like to help support her <3.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?