Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Sami Bess' Katarina from LoL!


When looking for more cosplayers to share and broaden my variety of who I normally share, I came across Sami Bess. From her Android 18, to Female versions of Loki and Ganondorf, Sami seemed like the kind of badass girl who I'd not want to mess with in a fight! With her awesome armor builds, I knew there was a cosplay I wanted to show off! Enter classic Katarina from League of Legends which I felt fit the bill nicely! Katarina's look here consists of lots of armor and leather plus a wicked cool crop top! First off, Sami is wearing a gorgeous red wig and the scar makeup is pretty dang perfect. The top part starts with a propped up collar and includes sleeves that go to her elbow. The length of this top goes to just about her torso, the remaining area up to her pants being exposed. A rad tattoo design can be seen in this section!

Getting more specific about the top, you've got a maroon red strap that's seen right below her neck and goes from shoulder to shoulder. The breastplate has a silver colored trim that looks armor like with the rest of it being full on leather in its texture. Sami's shoulders and arm guards are done in the same fashion as the bra trim, color and armor alike. The designs are spot on and I absolutely love the weathering effect she used. Also who doesn't love spikes? Brown gloves act as a base for the armguards and are detailed up in a cel-shading like nature.

Sami's weaponry is beautifully constructed with the etching on the blades spot on! Getting to the pants, Sami has a red belt with small studs around the piece. Skin tight black pants plus a strap on both legs with MORE KNIVES! In terms of the leg armor from what I can see, it's similar to the arm pieces. More spikes in an interesting pattern! The footwear look to be heels with platforms in the front. Her belt buckle is circular with a neat clasp like part on one end. The forest scenery works really well color wise as the armor really stands out. Plus Sami is out here posing it LIKE A BOSS and I'm loving every minute of it <3. Check out these other photos!




All Photos by Clay Moore Images!

Sami Bess does a phenomenal job from what I've seen and you all HAVE to check out some of her gorgeous cosplays! In continuing with using different links to cosplayer's sites, Patreon allows you to link out to your other sites (derp forgot about that) SO you can check out Sami's Patreon for her other SM links :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?