Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Byndo Gehk as the Colossus, Quadratus!

Photo by David Ngo

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Throughout July, I want to share certain ladies I know that took part in the amazing Shadow of the Colossus group at Colossalcon earlier this month! Spearheaded by Stella Chuu, she gathered 16 other cosplayers to portray cute designs of the remaining Colossus' PLUS the protagonist, Wander! All of these were designed by artist Shigatake! And so we come to the final Colossal cutie in this series of posts. I do hope you all have enjoyed a look into these stellar outfits <3. Ending it off on a high note with best bab Byndo Gehk as Quadratus seems fitting since I for sure wanted to include her in on this when I heard she was in this group. Game-wise, Quadratus is the second beast you fight in the game as well as introducing the animal like style that several other Colossi have. Byndo's interpretation involves armor in various places as have the other girls I've shared. The main body piece looks to be a simple light brown leotard of sorts that goes up to her chest in coverage. That's where the full on grass bra comes in for protection!

Photo by Chris Bombardo
The brown fabric seen in the leotard makes repeat appearances for Byndo's sleeves and legs. Also like the other girls, this is done for comfy placement on the amounts of armor used. I kinda like the dark metal grey used for these pieces. Here we have circular wrap around pieces on her legs as well as a giant neck piece. With the points extending out, it looks as if Byndo is wearing an ancient spiked collar of sorts. There are armor pieces placed on her hip with a style that makes it look like spine plating. Right above her butt is the CUTEST TAIL I EVER DID SEE <3.

Armor on her arms look to be segmented into 2 main areas. There's the gauntlet like parts traveling up Byndo's forearms, then the heavy duty parts going up to her shoulder. The armor looks so dang clean and I'm amazed at how nice this looks overall. In addition to those wrap around pieces I mentioned earlier (around her thighs), there's also coverage on Byndo's legs. They look to start just below her kneecaps!



I'm totally in love with the small bob cut wig Byndo is rocking over here for Quadratus. Small horns can be seen at the top of her head and they look to be done with the tried + true headband method. Based on the leotard alone, I imagine this was fairly comfortable for her to wear. There's also small patches placed on her face too! The "weak spots" for this Colossus are on its hooves so I imaging Byndo took that and placed markings on her palms. Moss is seen throughout the cosplay and some shots I have for you give you a fantastic look at them. Check out Byndo strutting her stuff in the other pics I found!

Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by Eveille Photography

Photo by Lagoon

Photo by Lienad.photo

Photo by Sorairo Days Photography

Photo by Dave Yang

Byndo Gehk is a sweetheart on top of being an amazingly talented cosplayer. I feel so lucky to know such a person. If you guys wanna check out her links, there's her Patreon down below! SHE'S MAKING AQUA AND I'M SO EXCITED FAM :D

And so that concludes my coverage on the Colossalcon Colossus group! I very much enjoyed seeing all the hard work that went into getting this group together. Not to mention the photographers doing a STELLAR job with capturing these amazing ladies. I really hope you all enjoyed this kind of coverage and I think I'm gonna do something similar for BlizzCon this year. Zach Fischer is up to forming a massive group and it's GONNA BE RAD <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?