Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Danielle Beaulieu as the Colossus, Avion!

Photo by David Ngo

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Throughout July, I want to share certain ladies I know that took part in the amazing Shadow of the Colossus group at Colossalcon earlier this month! Spearheaded by Stella Chuu, she gathered 16 other cosplayers to portray cute designs of the remaining Colossus' PLUS the protagonist, Wander! All of these were designed by artist Shigatake! Of course my wonderful friend Danielle Beaulieu got in on this action. Her chosen Colossus, Avion certainly has an interesting design to it. One of the big initial takeaways she shared were her boobs being fully exposed with only tiny towers covering her nib nobs (as she calls them XD). The massive wingspan is truly a sight to behold alongside her mostly covered legs with funny looking bird feet! Going through this cosplay at the start, Danielle has a sweet green wig on with a headpiece placed on top of said wig!

Photo by Dave Yang
The wings look to have inserts for her hands so that Danielle can easily control them from the inside when it comes to posing. It really looks like a mixture of leather and fabric was used in its construction. Also it looks like a total bitch to maintain, my arms would definitely get tired after a short while of holding the arms up. The full chest piece looks to extend down to her lower areas, with a belt strap part wrapped around her torso. There are holes for the breasts and I can imagine it was pretty humorous putting it on.

Attached to the lower part near her legs are green stockings which look to serve as her comfort base for the crazy amount of armor placed here. You've got your knee cap armor, shin pieces and the feet itself which I think were done in foam or some kind of soft material then hardened up with Worbla? Each piece looks to be separate as you can tell by the moss sticking out underneath them. As I've come to expect, Danielle is a true master with putting on the effects and weathered details on each armored piece. The moody brown, black and other ancient like colors mesh well, plus the green aspects work with this Colossus. Oh and the boob towers were attached by some super adhesive from what Danielle disclosed XD. There's a WIP shot she posted that shows a REAL good look at her back side and it's straight COVERED in Moss among other spiked armor pieces <3

Photo by Lagoon

The textures and details are something else you guys. Moss on the wing edges, plus how the wings are slightly attached to her chest piece, everything about this just has me impressed and dumbfounded. Danielle Beaulieu is arguably one of the best cosplayers out there and you'd be a fool, A DAMN FOOL I TELL YA, if you don't enjoy this woman's work. Sexy lewd shoots and badass builds, she's got you covered <3.

Photo by David Yang


Photo by Eveille Photography

Photo by Flashbang Cosplay Capture

Photo by Mineralblu Photography 
Photo by Sorairo Days Photography

As I mentioned near the end of this, Danielle has so much to offer when it comes to cosplay content. In addition, she runs one of the best Patreons I'm a part of and it's exciting whenever she posts something new! Also, I think starting now I'll be linking to the cosplayer's most used platform and Patreon if they have one. If they have a personal website with links to every other outlet, that'll take priority over everything <3.
http://www.daniellecosplay.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?