Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Gaming Candles + World's Finest Gaming Wallet from Gametee!


For a very long time, I'd always see mention of this company known as Gametee. Mainly through cosplayer and content creator Riirichan. She'd rave about the multiple small gaming candles that Gametee sells and I felt it was time to see what they were about. I totally went on the names of the scents so I picked out 3 candles for myself to have. These scents being Mana Potion, Hyrulian Forest, and Arcane Library. When they arrived, I instantly fell in love with the packaging/tins of them. The colors pop against the white label along with a symbol attributed to the scent. So you've got essentially a potion, the Triforce and what looks to be an open book. The candles definitely have one hell of a scent too. The Mana Potion reminds me most of other calm/soothing scents I've used from like Yankee Candle and their Christmas/Beach centered scents.


The Hyrulian Forest is pretty self-explanatory with its rich nature like scent. Smells of trees, woods and other things you'd find in a forest like setting. The Arcane Library is the most interesting one in my opinion cause as the wax would burn, the scent would get more prominent. Literally it smells of old leather bound books, the kind you'd see in a library full of old/ancient spell books and tomes. What many people seem to do with the candles is save the tins and plant small things inside them. I don't think I'll go that route but I'd definitely clean out the case once the candle is used up.

While looking through the website for what else Gametee sells, the wallets instantly caught my attention. Dubbed the World's Finest Gaming Wallet, the first edition had the Triforce symbol placed on the corner and was beautifully crafted out of leather. At the time, it was sold out BUT they just had a restock of the second edition so I picked that up immediately.


The wallet arrived in a fancy black box with an insignia for the company. Once opened up, the wallet laid right there. The outer shell of the wallet was a gorgeous shade of brown (in comparison, the 1st version was black) and the insides were done in a brilliant shade of green. Slits were made on the left for placement of cards and the right was a full on coin purse. I honestly don't know if this is an England thing with wallets or something that Gametee does, but it took my surprise and I'm excited to use it when appropriate. The slots where you put cash is divided up into 2 which is something the previous wallet I used, had. The words Gametee and England are engraved in a shiny gold font. This really is a fancy wallet :D.














All these products I've gotten from Gametee are pretty freaking rad and I highly recommend you guys check their store out. Click on the link below and see some of the other products they sell!
https://gametee.co.uk/

What's Popular?