Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Double Dose of Waifu Jaycee Cosplay!

Photo by Jaycee Estrella Photography

I was planning on doing a write up somehow on Jaycee Cosplay's Katsucon outfits as I've usually did in years past. However the trickle of photos for her was relatively slow, and then she went and debuted a Flaffy cosplay several weeks ago. Knowing how much she loves the Pokemon evolution line, I decided to couple that with her gorgeous Hera X Power Girl cosplay. So you guys are in for a treat today <3. Why not start with the image at the top? Constructed by Hi-Wire Costumes and Mirabella Took Cosplay, this was part of a massive Justice League group at Katsucon. I got to hang around while it was being shot thanks to my cosplay sis Ani-Mia who was also part of this undertaking (as Poison Ivy)! The idea was the brain-child of Sharon Rose who took the characters of DC and mashed them up with the Greek Pantheon. So here, we have Power Girl mashed up with Hera, the wife of Zeus.

Photo by Jason Laboy Photography
In this cosplay, Jaycee's bombshell like figure serves her well in the finished shot. You have a simple white one piece suit that has a leotard like quality. Off to one of her shoulders is a red cape styled exactly like Power Girl. There are various gold accents extending down from the top of the white piece. The cape is held by two gold ropes strapped across her chest heading towards her backside. The belt is full on red with a very shiny and intricate emblem as the buckle. Golden ropes appear again here as they travel down towards her thighs. They also split into three parts here.

Twin golden bracers with a blue stone placed in them can be seen in some of the shots. Jaycee is rocking a gorgeous white blonde wig with a small tiara/crown placed on top of her. She's also wielding a small knife that's got some curvature in the blade shape. To finish it off, Jess is wearing cute blue shoes! I absolutely adored seeing this get shot in person and everyone in the group looked like they had tons of fun at the convention.



Having known Jess for as long as I have, it's not so secretive that Ampharos is one of her all time favorite Pokemon. She's even done a cosplay of it before for Katsucon in 2017! Still sad I couldn't find her in it ;-;. In any case, having a Flaffy cosplay was the next thing for her to wear. Thanks to Elena Blueskies' help, Jaycee recently had this shot and oh man the photos look stellar! Comparing this to her Power Girl/Hera, this Flaffy is much more simpler in its design. Mainly with a full pink leotard suit with the added sleeves. I'm beginning to think leotards/one-piece suits are what Jess loves to wear the most :3.

In addition, Jess is rocking very high stockings that look like an even lighter shade of pink. White heels cover up her feet, along with a very fluffy white wig! The wig looks to be smooth up at the top and the bangs/sides have that frizzled/cotton like look to it. It definitely makes sense being that Flaffy is an adorable sheep! There's also the ears and tail which are pink and black alternating stripes. The tail has an adorable blue bulb at the end of it, don't think it lights up BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RAD IF IT DID!

I'm really happy Jaycee Cosplay is able to put out some stellar content/photos thanks to her wonderfully talented collection of cosplay friends (SERIOUSLY I LOVE ELENA) <3. Hopefully these are photos I have are to your liking guys! Enjoy :D





Photo by S1Price Lightworks



All Flaffy Photos by Cantera Image!

Whenever I get to see my waifu Jaycee Cosplay at cons, it always makes the whole trip even better. She's still able to wear gorgeous outfits and fund them so I highly suggest you guys check her work out. Note that she doesn't really update her FB page anymore but you can stare in awe at her previous work! All her social links can be found on her Linktree!

What's Popular?