Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Infinitecosplay's Alexstraza!

Photo by Shutterwolf Studios

I haven't really thought of how a male cosplayer would interpret/look in a WoW dragon that Jessica Nigri wore + Zach Fischer designed. Enter Infinitecosplay and his STUNNING recreation of Alexstraza the Lifebinder. The skimpy aspect lies in the torso stomach area but I'm just insanely impressed with the scale work AND PAINT JOB. The pictures that were taken of this just make them pop and I feel Infinite put a lot of passion into creating this. The headpiece is practically a dead ringer to the original and the horns just look so pristine and shaped so well. His arms consist of armguard placed on top of a smooth purple sleeve as its base. The armor here is covered in the scale texture which is done in red with black going around and in-between each one. The yellow spikes take a huge presence in this area. It's then repeated as the trim of the breastpiece, belt, and all throughout his legs.


Photo by Shutterwolf Studios
The purple fabric as a base repeats for the legs which are absolutely covered in armor. The pieces look segmented/layered to add that extra depth. The scales also look amazing as Infinite's boot coverings! The small drape in his lower areas has a yellow chain dropping down with a blue gem inside. I don't know if his hair was dyed red or if it's a wig but it's certainly SPOT ON as a whole. Seriously I can't get over the scales everywhere guys, I imagine it was tedious to do ALL OF THAT. Certainly fits the bill for a Zach Fischer design right?

My obvious/best guess would be foam and worbla were used in conjunction for Infinitecosplay's Alexstraza. The shoulder spikes and helm spikes match in shade and color, along with sharing that same scaled texture. Flowing off of his back is a tattered up cape in a deep red hue. The crown piece is adorned in blue gems as seen in various parts of the outfit, not just the belt region!


Photo by Timothy Souter

Feast your eyes on the other pics I grabbed of Infinitecosplay and MARVEL AT THE SCALES :D.

Photo by Shutterwolf Studios


Photo by Timothy Souter

Photo by Timothy Souter

If this doesn't convince you to check out Infinitecosplay's work, I don't know what will! Currently he's slaving away at his genderbend take on another WoW dragon Zach Fischer design! You all up for some Deathwing? Check out these links below!
https://www.facebook.com/RoxasWindcosplay/

What's Popular?